Author Topic: curry base  (Read 22122 times)

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
curry base
« on: January 07, 2011, 02:40 PM »
Hi everyone, i havnt been on here for months, hope this maybe of some interest to all, ive taken some massive steps to produce the ultimate taste everyone wants, just going back to some thread in 2005 it was asked if chefs would ever give there secrets away, my answer to would be no, i have recently published my own website, (not a forum or anything like that) but what ive discovered and learnt, if this is ok with the website owner my website is www.baltirecipe.webs.com, read about me and what its taken to acheive an exact curyy base/curry.
thanks,
the ham..... happy new year all.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: curry base
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Hi "the ham",

It seems you haven't been here hardly at all, in fact (9 posts, and all, including this one).  Personally, I think you have a bit of a cheek coming here and redirecting members to your own website.  I'd rather see you post your recipes and views here!  ;)

Interesting reading, though.  Regarding your "what not to do" section of your website "Some simple thing's to know" (and I quote):

"NEVER FRY GARLIC.           

NEVER FRY ONION    NEVER FRY GINGER.

NEVER USE TO MUCH GARLIC.

DO NOT USE GREEN PEPPER (except for bhoona dishe's).

DO NOT FRY CORRIANDOR OR ADD IT TO THE EARLY STAGE'S OF COOKNG.

DO NOT USE CARROT'S OR ANY OTHER VEGETABLES.

DO NOT USE COMMERCIAL MADE CURRY POWDER'S, I.E MADRAS, JALFREZE, ROGAN JOSH ETC.

DO NOT USE COMMERCIAL MADE GARLIC, GINGER  OR CURRY PASTE'S FROM A JAR. OR OXO CUBE'S OR ANY OTHER STOCK CUBE'S"

I have to say that I'd disagree with nearly all of your points!  Just my opinion and each to their own though.... :-\

Where did you get your recipes and ideas from please?  And what makes you think this is "the ultimate base" (or anything else, for that matter)?

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 02:53 PM »
Truly fascinating : Happy New Year, Ham, and thank you for sharing your insights with us.  One thing that staggered me was the inclusion of 1 1/2 lb of chicken breast chopped in the base sauce, but when I read on it seemed that this was just to unify the pre-cooking of the chicken with the preparation of the base sauce, rather than being an ingredient of the base sauce per se (although, of course, some of its flavour and juices must leach out into the base sauce).  So, is this the correct interpretation : you pre-cook the chicken as a part of the preparation of the base sauce, and then use that chicken as the main ingredient of a main dish ?

** Phil.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 02:56 PM »
thank you for sharing your insights with us

He hasn't Phil, he's redirected members to his own website for his own means!  :-\

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 03:00 PM »
Oh, my apologies, you "used a microscope" ffs  :P

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 03:02 PM »
Hi "the ham",

It seems you haven't been here hardly at all, in fact (9 posts, and all, including this one).  Personally, I think you have a bit of a cheek coming here and redirecting members to your own website.  I'd rather see you post your recipes and views here!  ;)

He hasn't Phil, he's redirected members to his own website for his own means!  :-\

Sorry, I have to disagree, Cory : Ham isn't "redirecting members to [his] own website", he is simply providing a link to it, which each of us can choose to follow or not as we wish.  I for one am grateful to him for doing so : whether you (or I) disagree with some or his premisses is another matter entirely.

** Phil.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Sorry Phil, I disagree with you too.  He's simply provided a link (to redirect members) to his own website (for whatever reasons he may have...presumably to promote his own website).  There is nothing to stop him from posting his recipes and ideas here.

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 03:09 PM »
Truly fascinating : Happy New Year, Ham, and thank you for sharing your insights with us.  One thing that staggered me was the inclusion of 1 1/2 lb of chicken breast chopped in the base sauce, but when I read on it seemed that this was just to unify the pre-cooking of the chicken with the preparation of the base sauce, rather than being an ingredient of the base sauce per se (although, of course, some of its flavour and juices must leach out into the base sauce).  So, is this the correct interpretation : you pre-cook the chicken as a part of the preparation of the base sauce, and then use that chicken as the main ingredient of a main dish ?

** Phil.
hi phil,happy new year, i cook the chicken with the base sauce to save cooking it seperate and just add it per curry from the base sauce itself, as regards the redirect to my own website for my own benifit is not true, as the other member cory ander (quoted) i have a cheek for being away so long well sorry for putting myself out for you all. i cant post an entire artical as big as that as it would take half the forum up!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2011, 03:10 PM »
Quote from: the ham
as the other member cory ander (quoted) i have a cheek for being away so long

I said that I think you have a cheek posting a link to (and redirecting our members to) your website here.

i cant post an entire artical as big as that as it would take half the forum up!

Dont' talk sh*te!  It's only about 100 words!  ::)

Offline stevejet66

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2011, 03:18 PM »
sorry, i dont like your attitude cory ander, rather aggressive!!!!!! towards members.

©2024 Curry Recipes