Author Topic: curry base  (Read 22089 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: curry base
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 03:19 PM »
sorry, i dont like your attitude cory ander, rather aggressive!!!!!! towards members.

Too bad, don't use this forum for your own self serving purposes then.  I don't like that either  :)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2011, 03:21 PM »
...and, since you posted your "curry base" post in the recipe section of this forum, here is your actual recipe:

"As a rule i cook by imagination but have listed here a more accurate guide for you to follow. but really there's very little, budding curry cook's will know the consistancy of the finished base sauce, as for  new cook's it take's time to learn this new skill.

BASE SAUCE INGREDIENT'S

3 large onions, at least 4 inch's in diameter

5 clove's of garlic, no more!

small peice of ginger about 1" square

3 tsps of salt

2 tbls of cooking oil

3 heaped tbls of ghee

1 tsp tomtoe puree

225g tinned tomato's

fresh corriandor/chopped( use the bottom stalk's chopped for best result's)

1 1/2 lb of chicken breast chopped

water to cover

spice's

1 tsp paprika powder

1 tsp (level) turmeric powder

1 tbls cumin powder (the secret to a smokey flavour)

1 tbls of fennel seeds (the secret to a smokey flavour)

6 black cardamom's

8 green cardamom's

1 small peice of cinnamon stick 1" long, No more!

Ok i here you say ive seen these all before, WAIT STOP THERE! it's the way it's cooked. most base sauce's end up bland, no taste as a lot of you say, this base sauce can be eaton as it is without adding any other spice's. *see my list,what not to do, that's what make's this dish special. the secret is not enough cumin powder or fennel seed's are used in base sauce's that's why they fail!

Ok lets get started:                         Stage 1

chop onion's garlic and ginger, add to pan cover in water, make sure the water is about 1 inch above the onion mixture, add salt, fennal seed's and simmer for 1 hour with a lid on. make sure the fennel seed's are soft, you will notice a very pleasant smell at the end of simmering. remove from heat and blend until super smooth. leave to one side.

stage 2

Add oil and ghee to seperate pan, warm until ghee as melted.remove from heat.

blend 225g's of tinned tomato's and add to pan along with, cumin, turmeric, paprika, tomatoe puree, black and green cardamom's and cinnamon stick, gently simmer for 20 minute's and stiring gently.

last stage

Now add stage 2 to the blended onion mixture and stir in very gently,(do not remove whole spice's), at this point there should be plenty of oil floating on the surface, place back on the heat and simmer gently for 10 minute's. at this stage i add the chicken it's just save's time cooking it seperate,( the taste of the chicken is awsome) and for home use it's just ideal, ok simmer for 1hour stiring occasionally. as you will see the colour will change, remove from heat strain oil off if required, leave to cool for an hour or so. base sauce is now finished and ready to use. remember the taste at the beginning will be different to the end result. so be patient let it cook slowly. the texture should be slightly thinner than a finished dish..

This will make about five curry's"       

There, didn't take up half the forum, did it?

Discuss....... :P

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2011, 03:24 PM »
Cory, can you please say what is "self-serving" about posting a link to another web site (even one's own) ?  The web is what it is because it contains links from one site to another; if each site were to exist in a vacuum, there would be no web at all.

P.S.
Dont' talk sh*te!  It's only about 100 words!

In fact, Ham's site contains 1,195,538 bytes in a total of 74 files, and that is just those pages that are publicly accessible.

** Phil.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2011, 03:28 PM »
Cory, can you please say what is "self-serving" about posting a link to another web site (even one's own) ?

Can you please say why he can't post his recipes (e.g. his curry base) and ideas (e.g. "what not to do") here (like I have just done)?

Simple, cos he wants OUR members to go to HIS website (for whatever reasons, that probably only he can say)

In fact, Ham's site contains 1,195,538 bytes in a total 74 files, and that is just those that are publicly accessible

Wow!  Nearly as many "bytes" as others I know then!   ;)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Can you say why he can't post his recipes and ideas here?

I'm sure he can, but he has chosen not to, and has instead set up a site of his own.  What on earth is wrong with that ?  Is CR0 meant to be the only reliable source of information on BIR recipes in the known universe ?  Delusions of grandeur, or megalomania,  methinks !

** Phil.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 03:33 PM »
Delusions of grandeur, or megalomania,  methinks !

Or maybe common courtesy (not to do it) me thinks?

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2011, 03:57 PM »
If it was really that offensive and serious, this thread should have been reported to Admin at the beginning.

Can Admin or some other Admin if one exists sweep up this unpleasant and unnecessarily drawn out thread please?

There were several friendly and positive posts all sitting comfortably on the front page of the site, and now these have been forced off by this unfortunate thread.

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2011, 04:03 PM »
It doesn't really bother me the fact than he posted a link to his website. It hardly poses a threat to the existence of cr0.

What I find strange is some of the contradictions. For example "don't add fresh coriander early in the cooking stage" yet the base sauce recipe contains fresh coriander which is surely early in the cooking stage.

Also on one page he states that coriander powder should never be used yet it is listed in his own spice mix elsewhere.

I don't get his long list of no-nos:

What is wrong with frying garlic/ginger/onions? - surely this is a standard Indian/Asian cooking technique. I can't imagine not doing these things.

Finally the microscope - would it really be possible to identify exactly the ingredients using one of these?

Quite funny really but I would rather he discussed some of these points rather than him getting aggressively chased off cr0.

Paul

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2011, 04:19 PM »
Quite funny really but I would rather he discussed some of these points rather than him getting aggressively chased off cr0.

[quote author=Churchill, Winston Leonard Spencer (Sir), 1874
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 04:38 PM by Phil (Chaa006) »

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2011, 04:45 PM »
I have to agree I don't have a problem with the link to the website either.

©2024 Curry Recipes