Author Topic: Mint Sauce  (Read 3399 times)

Offline bramswell

• Chef
    • View Profile
Mint Sauce
« on: January 19, 2011, 07:48 PM »
Hello peeps, ive been lurking around here for a while and not posted yet and been reading lots of good stuff....

just thought i might give you a recipe for mint sauce that i got from a friend....
when i was at collage 20 odd years ago a guy i knew, his family owned the local indian resturant and i asked him for some recipes, unfortuanatly at the time he was only allowed to make the chutneys and stuff like that but here is the recipe for the mint sauce they made...not much different from all the others floating about but i like it and it was the best in the area at the time.

i wasnt given any measurments  as he made a gallon at a time and was just done by eye/guess.....but this is what i played with and got good results

adjust for your own taste

1 cup of yoghurt
1-2 tsp mango chutney
1/2 -1 tsp lime pickle
1 tsp sugar
1/2 - 1 tsp mint sauce
squirt of lemon juice
and a drop of water to thin it out slightly

then blend it  until smooth

hope you enjoy it

just an extra note...when i ask him about the base sauce it turned out to be just like the Kris Dhillon base...which is the one ive been using for the last 20 years

Stuart

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Mint Sauce
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Excellent : I look forward to trying this with my onion bhajis, Bramswell !
** Phil.

Offline bramswell

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2011, 09:21 PM »
i have tried other mint sauces but i think its the lime pickle that gives that extra something

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Well, I'm a great fan of lime pickle (I use Chinthe, a Burmese one), so am really looking forward to trying your recipe, but first I have to get some mango chutney which I never use.

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes