Author Topic: CTM - Chicken Tikka Masala  (Read 77966 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CTM - Chicken Tikka Masala
« Reply #80 on: August 30, 2008, 11:48 AM »
I just made this today too, it's great :)

I did add some Pasatta and some milk as the sauce was getting too thick, but top notch curry :)

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2008, 12:18 AM »
Just made Curry kings CTM, fantastic! I left out the chilli powder but it was quite hot anyway(not that i minded),probably because I used Hot madras powder in the BE spice mix and used Rajvers base which is fairly well spiced too,also added a pinch of Methi at the end,10 times better than the last CTM I made which was from Kris Dhillons book.

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2008, 08:20 AM »
That looks the business

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2008, 02:08 PM »
That does look great, I can almost taste it  ;)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2008, 03:47 PM »
RobinB,

looks as if you've done your homework for sure - fantastic job.

i too like the rajver base with this dish - it makes a difference for me

given the almonds on the top did u add any to the sauce - appreciate it's not in the spec but it's crossed my mind a few times but i've stuck to spec not wanting to spoil what's a top notch result. the reason for the interest is i made ronnoc's korma (not my fav at all the korma) but it used ground almond and i really took to both ronnoc's dish and the almond.

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2008, 05:38 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys,I was definitely pleased with the results,As for the almonds I just sprinkled a few on top for garnish as some restaurants tend to do,I did consider adding some almond powder, but decided not to meddle with it too much the first time round.
I do like the Rajver base,had some good results with it so far,Madras's Bhoonas etc.

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 31, 2008, 07:45 AM »
Made Curry King's CTM for a 'get-together' last night, using Corry Ander's chicken tikka.

Very good indeed, at least as good as any BIR version I've had in the last couple of decades!

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 31, 2008, 12:09 PM »
Made Curry King's CTM for a 'get-together' last night, using Corry Ander's chicken tikka.

Very good indeed, at least as good as any BIR version I've had in the last couple of decades!

Great stuff  ;)

Offline adriandavidb

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 06, 2008, 04:35 PM »
Curry King, the link to the Tandoori Masala you use comes back 'not found', what make do you use?  I recall you mentioned that Rajah was OK but not the best?

I used a 50/50 mix of CAs (from PC), and Rajah; with some extra food colouring (for the sake of my guests, it's all about the mangagement of expectation as we know!). This produce very good results, but I would like to try it 100% your way next time!

Ta

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 06:47 PM »
i am sure the tandoori masala is a key ingredient.

i use the Leena brand (it's a pinky colour). i also have the rajah (very dark red) - this i would not use in CTM believing the taste to be further away from BIR than using the Leena. i do use more of the rajah overall - for dry rub on chicken mostly on pizza - it's brill. i would not use the Leena though for a dry rub.

hope this makes sense. i like both very much but each has it's own merit's.

©2024 Curry Recipes