Author Topic: Chicken Jalfrezi with Taz Base  (Read 23611 times)

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Jalfrezi with Taz Base
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Thanks Steve, just seen the photo. Looks similar to what I do when I reduce it.

You're on a roll with these Taz curries. One of my favourite recipes too from this site.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 08:06 PM »
Hi all,

Just to confirm that razors idea of cooking the veg with the first reduction is spot on.

thanks mate

Alan ;D

Offline coco52

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2011, 11:46 PM »
Cheers for that Stephen, going to have a go at this tomorrow using tikka chicken.
Would you recommend adding more salt, or has the recipe been edited to account for that?
Also is there much difference between Razors spice mix and BE's?  just I have a jar of Razors made up already.
Looking forward to cooking it now..put some Ravi Shankar on, a couple of cold beers and fill the kitchen with some beautiful aromas!! and get some more chapati practice in  ;D

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2011, 05:58 PM »
coco52

I find that it is salty enough but if you want to add salt go ahead by all means - I'd be careful about adding too much and go by the usual rule of you can always add more but if you've added too much it is irretrievable.

As for Razor's spice base I really don't see why it can't be used - I've not used it (sorry Ray!) and if my memory serves me correct I think it contains a more complex mixture than the BE one which is vert similar to the Taz spice mix. Why not give it a go? It won't be the same as this recipe, just different and certainly tasty because Razor's recipes get good feedback.

Steve

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2011, 07:16 PM »
Hi Coco,

I love this base and method.

As for using my spice mix, I do and it comes out a treat, though I would say that ;D

My spice mix was designed to compliment my own base with versatility in mind, hence, no chilli powder.

If you do decide to use my spice mix, be wary of adding extra salt, as it does contain it. Just add a pinch at a time until it's to your liking.

Razor's recipes get good feedback.

Kind words Steve, thankyou very much.

Ray :)

Offline RobinB

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2013, 12:42 AM »
Just made this with the Rajver base and was spot on. Knocking out the BIR curry's alot lately and having some great results.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2013, 07:53 PM »
Glad you enjoyed RobinB, it looks spot on.

©2024 Curry Recipes