Author Topic: Changes to the Dhillon base  (Read 21917 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Changes to the Dhillon base
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2005, 10:31 PM »
dont forget to add coconut butter lemon salt, jagari goor,and very important eastern star curry powder add much more water and thicken with Swede liquidized also throw in a few chicken stocks and green pepper I use to work in a take away

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2005, 01:06 PM »
I use to work in a take away

Nice one, any chance you can give us all some tips? ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2005, 02:12 PM »
I use to work in a take away

Nice one, any chance you can give us all some tips  ;D

I'm sure there are many different variations of base sauce from restaurant to restaurant, even though the final dishes all taste similar. Could you please tell us the recipe (ingredients and method) for the base sauce whcih your place used?

Regards
George

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2005, 03:36 PM »
dont forget to add coconut butter lemon salt, jagari goor,and very important eastern star curry powder add much more water and thicken with Swede liquidized also throw in a few chicken stocks and green pepper I use to work in a take away
Is jagari goor, jaggery sugar?
Can you give a full recipe?

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2005, 07:01 PM »
I have a work colleague who is on rather good terms with some guys from a local Bangladeshi restaurant.  I asked him if he could get some info on the basic curry sauce.  I was given what went into it....but not quanitites or method.  The first thing on the list was.....Coconut butter.  Iteresting to see that Ifindforu mention this above!   Also mentions Green pepper!  Interesing.

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2005, 07:27 PM »
I have a work colleague who is on rather good terms with some guys from a local Bangladeshi restaurant. I asked him if he could get some info on the basic curry sauce. I was given what went into it....but not quanitites or method. The first thing on the list was.....Coconut butter. Iteresting to see that Ifindforu mention this above! Also mentions Green pepper! Interesing.

Please tell us more  ;D

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2005, 07:36 PM »
As I said, there weren't any measures or methods.....only ingredients.....I have the paper he wrote on here....and I will quote verbatim:  Coconut butter, Green peppers, Mixed spicy powder (whatever that is), lots of onions, Garlic, Ginger, Corriander, Dry Corriander, Methi Leaf, Cinnamon. 

Not a great deal of use I know, but my this guy I know will ask another one of them next week and I'll try to get more info.  Interesting to hear of the Coconut butter.  Could that be somehow implemented into the Dhillon base? 

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2005, 07:40 PM »
With the exception of the methi leaf and coconut thats pretty much exactly what i've been told, they are all very similar.  I did ask about creamed coconut and was told they don't use it as its too expensive, just slight variations but the main ingredients are the same.

Cheers
cK

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2005, 11:34 PM »

Please clarify. Do you mean (a) coconut butter and (b) lemon salt

OR up to 4 separate ingredients, being perhaps coconut, butter, lemon and salt.

Regards
George

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2005, 08:12 AM »
Hi Geoge
           this is the recipe, given to me, about a year ago
This has coconut block in (which I believe to be the same as coconut butter)
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=3.0

©2024 Curry Recipes