Poll

Is eating 3 or 4 BIR-style curries a week good for you? Heaven forbid any more...

Yes, perfectly healthy - no real worries
3 (20%)
No, with all that oil and salt, this simply can't be good for you
12 (80%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Author Topic: BIR currry health poll  (Read 6528 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
BIR currry health poll
« on: October 15, 2005, 09:33 PM »
I thought I'd open this poll after I suggested that too many curries are bad for you, and woodpecker21 took a different view. What do you think?

Regards
George

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
Re: BIR currry health poll
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2005, 10:51 PM »
I believe that eating 3-4 a week is OK for me because i eat a lot of fresh fruit & lightly cooked veg with rice through the week. :)
If i did not have such a well balanced diet then i would say no.

DARTHPHALL..... 8).....

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 10:54 PM »
3-4 is probably too many calories, if you wanna eat that many i think you should eat smaller portions.. rofl
better to not eat 3-4 a week cause i just pig out seriously when im infront of a curry :)

Mind you if youve got a very active job.. you could probably get away with more :)

Just check the scales, the truth is out there somewhere :}

Offline Nessa

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 01:04 AM »
A little of what you fancy does you good!? There is no bad food, only a bad diet.

I eat whatever I like and, within reason, whenever I like.? ?I wouldn't want to overdo the health thing too much though or I might end up looking like bloody Dr Gillian 'The Quack' McKeith.? A picture of health she is!? ;)

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2005, 10:26 AM »
I eat 3 or 4 a week maybe more some weeks and I can't see how it can be anything but bad for you.  Anyone you speak to in the BIR trade doesn't touch the stuff which to me says it all, they eat healthy fish currys with plain boiled rice!

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2005, 03:42 PM »
I think i need to explain in a little more depth to you George. :)
Having done many years of weight training i also studied nutrition & have a good grasp of what is a balanced & healthy diet.( you eat no fat & you will soon die ).
My Curries contain very little fat & what is in them is Olive Oil .
Apart from Curries 90% of my diet is fairly low fat, low salt & low sugar so my Curries are my Vice  :).
Also if you've lived long enough you will have seen healthy people die many years before so called overweight unhealthy people, it is a known scientific fact that the approximate age of your death is dictated by your DNA (which in turn is dictated by the genes of your family etc..etc..) Another known fact is that elite athletes will die just as early as fatys as over exerting your body for lenghts of time can will stress the heart .
It comes simply down to old fashioned common sense " moderation is the key " to everything in life.
Sorry but if a members past family have lived to a ripe old age then they can eat more curries than a member who's family tend to not live that long, thats life & i celebrate it ( by having a Curry  ;D).
Yours with respect DARTH..............

Offline DARTHPHALL

• Elite Curry Master
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2005, 04:01 PM »
Yes it one kick in the eye for us humans I'm afraid  ;) But on the other hand its a good argument to eat more Curries  ;D.
Here is another, would you like to live 5-8 years longer knowing you've given up all those nice but bad things for you ?
Have you seen the amount of spotsmen/women around the world just dropping dead !!!
And for fun ( but very true) . I get stomach acid eating Baked beans & a few other non spicy foodstuffs my cure & Ive tested it 100%  is eat 2 pickled hot Chilies & it will be gone in less than one minute !!
I don't know of anything that works that quick & stops it totally, this is no joke peeps , if you like hot chillies then give it a bash anyone know why it works ? I'm interested to know.
DARTH.............

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2005, 04:03 PM »
Ive tried olive oil before in an effort to get healthy but its not right espcially not in large amounts in a gravy.

Offline Curry King

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2005, 04:07 PM »
I forgot to add to my last post that although generaly I think it's unhealthy Im aware that there are also some benefits from all the onions, tomatoes, garlic and spices like turmeric with its cancer fighting abilitys.? I also notice that after a night on the sauce a screaming hot vindlaoo before bed takes the edge of a hangover everytime? ;)

Offline scrufts

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2005, 10:26 PM »
I have to restrict my curries to one a week as I have a young family and a Chicken Madras does not go down too well with a three year old!
I think home made curries are healthier as you have more control over the fat ciontent and use better quality ingredients.
On the health side I can now virtually guarantee that if I have a cold then a good hot curry will clear it!

©2024 Curry Recipes