Author Topic: Hi  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Hi
« on: October 20, 2005, 04:09 PM »
Just came across this site having seen it mentioned on the Google Groups.? Very impressed so far.? I have been making curries for some 20 years.? Only recenlty came across the Dhillon book and am trying to perfect the restaurant style curry.? Like many others, havn't quite got there yet but hope this site will help me.....I live in West Wales.

Cheers,

David.

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2005, 04:12 PM »
Hi David,

Welcome aboard, have you always been trying to recreate restaurant style curry in your 20 years cooking or is it a recent quest  :)

Offline Ader1

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Hi
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2005, 11:55 AM »
It is a recent quest really although I did buy Pat Chapman's book I think back in the late 80's.  I don't have the book anymore having lent it to someone but I don't think I was very successul with trying to re-creat the taste.....I have mainly been working from the Complete Indian Cookbook by Mridula Balijekar which I think is really good.  I have recently tried to re-create a Chinese Restaurant Style Curry but wasn't too successful and have also made a couple of Thai dishes.  Basically, I enjoy the cooking and the eating.

©2024 Curry Recipes