Author Topic: Mince Lamb Paratha  (Read 8707 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mince Lamb Paratha
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 06:51 PM »
Hi UF,

Sorry it took a bit to answer went to the German Market in Birmingham on Saturday ;)

No problem mate, my wife has not been away from the ones in Manchester the last week! ???

Many thanks for the answers, I'd really like to give this a go very soon, but I think it's going to be sometime after Christmas day I'm affraid :(

Ray :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 04:26 PM »
Hi UF,

Well I gave these a try last night and got to say, brilliant, really good.

So, I need to clear up one or two things.  I didn't have enough SR flour to do the recipe to spec, I only had about a quarter of a cup.  However, this took nothing away from the cooked paratha.  They came out very soft and flavoursome, cooked on my steel tawa on high heat and brushed with garlic ghee.  They blisterred evenly and looked the business.

As for the keema, the blending is a master stroke, really got the consistency that I'm familiar with.  Again though, it wasn't truly to spec as I did add1 tsp gg paste, 1 tsp kashmiri masala, 1 tsp of mixed powder, 0.25 tsp of ground cinnamon and a diluted chefsoon of tom puree.  The end result was really good.

Now before anybody kicks my head in for not trying the recipe to spec first, I was tasting, tasting, tasting, all the way through the recipe, and although the original spec keema was very nice, I wanted to introduce a few flavours that I am familiar with in my local TA's keema, tomato being one of them.

Many thanks UF, another TA recipe boxed off for me my friend ;D

Ray :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2012, 10:00 PM »
Hi Razor glad you liked them, i too have added tomato, and a pinch of dried mint and added it to a CTM, i really made the keema thing as a start so to speak, so anything can be added to it i was trying to get the "taste" of keema without the big chunks of keema and dont forget to try the cauliflower parathas Razor they are a perfect dipping bread with a nice hot madras

©2024 Curry Recipes