Author Topic: Mouchak curry base sauce  (Read 36244 times)

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Mouchak curry base sauce
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2013, 12:20 PM »
i used up the last of the base last night cooking 4 off curries (butter chicken, CTM, mogul, Zaal Garlic) all with ifindforu tikka - delicious both the tikka and the curries.

very happy chappy.

i think i had 4L base as i used 360ml in total per portion and cooked total of 11 off curries.

ps

not wanting to give the wrong impression on this base. yes i'm putting it in my top 3. that does not mean it's better than similar quality bases on the site - there's nothing more special than others. it's simply that i love the rajver and this is a much better balanced base which i see easier to improve further than from the rajver starting point. examples of improvement being coriander root, black salt, heating the akhni and gradually adding in my tgad chef garam.

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2013, 12:28 PM »
If you were happy with it and the resultant curries Jerry, that's high recommendation indeed.  The rajver was the first base i made when i discovered the forum along with Parker 21's phall sauce.  No looking back now  ;) . I continue to enjoy reading the write ups of your experiments, in search of high quality BIR food cooked at home.  Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2013, 07:57 AM »
I am liking the look of the Mouchak base. Very much on the same lines as that used by my local TA.

Rob  :) 

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2013, 04:58 PM »
hi bob if you have any questions about recipes or the base then happy to help! gave one of my work collegues the recipe and he used micks cbm recipe for rogan josh and he said it was excellent! lol even though he didn't have enough lamb for himself and his wife so bulk it out with peppers and onion
( although not quiet like RG he has had before so has learned his lesson!!! ... and get more meat next time ;D)
this base is really versatile and you can cook any curry with it and it is not as long winded as some of the other bases. the other night i actually cooked my base in about an hour!

regards
gary ;)

Offline Kashmiri Bob

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2013, 06:45 PM »
hi bob if you have any questions about recipes or the base then happy to help! gave one of my work collegues the recipe and he used micks cbm recipe for rogan josh and he said it was excellent! lol even though he didn't have enough lamb for himself and his wife so bulk it out with peppers and onion
( although not quiet like RG he has had before so has learned his lesson!!! ... and get more meat next time ;D)
this base is really versatile and you can cook any curry with it and it is not as long winded as some of the other bases. the other night i actually cooked my base in about an hour!

regards
gary ;)

Thanks for that Gary.  Excellent write-up on the base.  More than a few similarities to the one I am using at the moment.  Also top quality and as you say not as long-winded as some.  Is there really no GM in the Mouchak mix powder, or have I missed it somewhere? Cheers,

Rob  :)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2013, 08:32 PM »
hi bob none at all. but you can add whole garam masala to your akhini water!
gary

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2013, 08:47 PM »

Interesting that you say this is a versatile base, as you add 1 DSP of chilli to it. Is the chilli not noticeable?

Also, how many litres of curry do you get off from the this base?

Thanks.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2013, 12:52 AM »
I'm breaking out of the diet just to give this one a try. I'm in between stages at the moment

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2013, 08:41 PM »
hi sorry only just read your message! i just add water till it is a runny soup consistency and then bring back to rolling boil for approx 10mins and simmer till oil rises! how did yours turn out?

regards
gary

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2013, 09:44 PM »
hi sorry only just read your message! i just add water till it is a runny soup consistency and then bring back to rolling boil for approx 10mins and simmer till oil rises! how did yours turn out?

I've just finished making my first 2 curries and even though I didn't add the akhni stock as I didn't took note of it, I am very very happy with the result! a bit too early to talk, but it's quite possibly the best base I've done so far (although I'm judging on the resulting curries and not on the base alone)

©2024 Curry Recipes