Author Topic: New curry fanatic member  (Read 20253 times)

Offline nipoori man

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: New curry fanatic member
« Reply #40 on: May 28, 2011, 09:49 AM »
Hi Coogan,

You are the Man!  Well Done in cooking your CTM and Dhansak with our Nipoori Tandoori Oven.  As you have been a true supporter of our Nipoori for all this years, we are pleased to offer a complimentary unit of  our Brand New Nipoori Tandoori Oven + BBQ Grill as a mark of appreciation.

We would also like to post your recipe on our Nipoori Blog- nipoori.wordpress.com for all our world wide patron to try!

Well Done once again.

As for those who wish to buy our Nipoori, please contact our agent: Southampton Calor Gas Centre Ltd. and ask for Charles Ramseyer , a special deal is awaiting for all Cr0.co.uk members...

Tel: 023 80788155
Email: charles@socal.co.uk

« Last Edit: May 28, 2011, 10:14 AM by nipoori man »

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 28, 2011, 12:05 PM »
hmmmm   Something fisheys going on here methinks

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 28, 2011, 03:24 PM »

Something fishy??? Yes! Looks like I have just landed a whopper! Free nipoori oven for me, discount for everyone else. I would call that catch of the day!

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 28, 2011, 03:32 PM »
Hello Ganesan and Khalsarule,

Right on! Cheers men. Did not expect an offer like that - made my day, no in fact year. It looks fantastic exactly then same as mine except for the ring and legs are they stainless? The barbecue rack looks far stronger then the old one, cannot really see what the charcoal support bit looks like. Cannot wait to try one out. Help your self to the pics and recipes - I just must ask if you could mention somewhere that the content belongs to coogan and can not be copied without my permission or something along those lines if you know what I mean.

Any way with two ovens fired up I reckon I will be running a village take away service by the end of the year. Yeah!

Bon nipoori

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 28, 2011, 10:32 PM »

Bon Product Placement lol

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2011, 01:27 AM »
House Bon! Lovely, drop me a line for me free Nipoori! ::)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 29, 2011, 11:16 AM »
I think this Nipoori would be handy, if some ingenious member could come up with a modification,
and fit it with a gas boiling ring and a baffle, which will make it more like a commercial Tandoor.
Mainly, so I could use it indoors and I hate all the clarting about, associated with charcoal cooking.

Just a thought :D
http://www.socal.co.uk/dyn/items/main/image17571.jpg

Bon Gas

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Hi chewy,

I reckon you could easily fit that gas ring inside the bottom half of the oven where there is an ashtray - you would not even need a baffle because the existing charcoal support would serve for that purpose. The only modification needed would be to make a hole for the gas pipe! Also, I reckon in the same way you could just as easy use an electric heating element.

Mind you I use mine with charcoal indoors - it doesn't produce any smoke at all once it's fired up. And in my opinion the charcoal burning at high temperatures imparts a certain taste into the finished dish. Then again I used to think that clay was essential and I was proved wrong there. I reckon when I get my new nipoori oven I might just put a drill to my old one and have a little experiment!

Bon thought.

Offline Curry Barking Mad

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2011, 06:01 PM »
Mind you I use mine with charcoal indoors - it doesn't produce any smoke at all once it's fired up.

Bon thought.

I think you need to be careful here Coogan, I don't wish to be an Elf of Safety, you may not be filling your home with smoke but you will be putting in a lot of carbon monoxide in it, ie no smell, no taste but deadly. I can only assume you have every window open.
Mick

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2011, 06:08 PM »
Hello Mick,

Thank you for your concern. But when I use the nipoori inside it is normally all done and dusted in 30 mins and I only have it standing just inside the open front doorway. And even if I did have it fully inside with the door closed It would not be an issue as I live in a very old property with far from air tight windows and a very large open inglenook fireplace so there is certainly plenty of fresh oxygen available - as Mrs coogan would vouch for in the winter.

Mind you If I lived in a central heated, double glazed, insulated, air tight, modern property and used the oven for long enough to reduce the oxygen levels significantly enough for the solid fuel to discharge carbon monoxide I would certainly be in danger as you say. And would most certainly recommend having all the windows fully open.

Bon point indeed.

©2024 Curry Recipes