Author Topic: A negative View On BIR  (Read 11665 times)

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: A negative View On BIR
« Reply #30 on: March 03, 2011, 11:15 PM »

This tells us something :( they did say the share price rise was due to bacon/sausage butties and coffee sales. Also would you consider street food in other country's any better ? like the simple samosa cooked in oil.

Now there's a hard choice to make, bacon in a farmhouse door stop oozing in real butter or deep fried cripsy samosa stuffed with lamb!

Can I have both? ;D

Offline moezus

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Some of the stories above made me laugh.

My first curry experience was at work when a colleague photocopied a bunch of copies of a local Indian restuarant's menu. I picked "Beef Vindaloo (VH)" as I liked the description but paid little attention to the (VH) part.
So I get my Beef Vindaloo and take in 3 big spoons of the sauce. Within half a minute my face was apparently red as a tomato and I was in so much pain I could for some reason feel my heart beat inside my ears. I ended up getting through it with each spoon containing 3/4 rice and 1/4 vindaloo. The next day the song 'Ring Of Fire' by Johnny Cash came to mind quite often.

Turns out (VH) stood for Very Hot.

Offline broski

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 12:52 PM »
The actual fact that the ingredients and methods of cooking the TA/BIR offend the purist and traditional "real" Indian food is not the point on this site surely?

What IS acknowledged by our very membership here is that we are so crazy about the TA BIR in this country that we here are striving to emulate that very taste- the whole purpose and intent of this forum anyway?

We should not be ashamed of the fact that our particular brand and taste in this country dont meet up to the true standards of real Indian food- I care not- all I want to do is get as close to the stuff served up at our local curry house which I am so in love with!

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Hi Broski, welcome to the nut house ;D

I totally agree with all your points.  In my experience, the traditional versions of what we are served in our favourite TA/BIR near enough always fail to reach my expectations.

And you are quite correct, what 99% of the members here are trying to achieve is that wonderful, unhealthy addictive curry, that we enjoy far too much for our own good ;D

Ray :)

©2024 Curry Recipes