Author Topic: Kari Patta Murgh  (Read 5337 times)

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Kari Patta Murgh
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2011, 11:20 AM »
What fascinated me, CT (I have just finished watching the video, having had it on pause for a few hours !) is the technique : the shaking of the frying pan to-and-fro on the hob.  This is something I just dare not do : we have a ceramic hob, and I would be s**t scared of scratching it if I were to shake the pan like that.  Do you regard it as a fundamental technique, without which the curry would just not be the same, or is it more by way of habit, and could be omitted ?

** Phil.

Hi Phil
A fundamental technique, which I was taught to create any Bhuna style curry!
There isn't much ghee in there, so everything has to be on the move to prevent sticking, also you'll notice that the base sauce is very thin, almost water.
But by the end of cooking, it's a thick dryish sauce. If you use a non stick pan, on your ceramic hob, you won't have to work it as much, but I probably would out of habit!

regards
Chewytikka

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Kari Patta Murgh
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2011, 12:03 PM »
OK, my thanks to all for their comments on shaking.  Everything we use in the way of frying pans and woks is non-stick, so to avoid the wrath of She Who Pays For Everything I shall continue to avoid shaking the pans and rely on their non-stick properties together with continual agitation with a non-scratch spatula !

** Phil.

©2024 Curry Recipes