Author Topic: Recipe for small base  (Read 1757 times)

Offline moezus

• Chef
    • View Profile
Recipe for small base
« on: March 10, 2011, 08:51 PM »
Hi,

Been reading these boards for some time now but have not got around to making a BIR curry. I've tried Emin-J's curry from scratch which was awesome but I'd now like to get into BIR style. After some thought I realised the reason that I haven't yet made a BIR curry is the fear of messing up the base and tossing out a whole pot full of ingredients or turning out ok but not having the space in the freezer to store it. With limited freezer space and little confidence in creating a huge batch of base, can anyone recommend or point me to a base recipe I can try which will make about 4 serves of curry that I can 'practise' with? I originaly thought I'd just halve some recipes but going off some comments I've been reading on these boards it's not that simple.

Appreciate your help.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Recipe for small base
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 09:04 PM »
Hi Moezus,

Maybe you can half a base sauce recipe, I don't see why not?  I think the problems arise if you was to start halving the cooking times.

My advice would be, half the recipe on the base that you decide on, and when the onions or whatever veg that you use, can be cut easily with a spoon, I'd say that it's ready for blending.

Hope that helps mate, keep us posted.

Ray :)

Offline moezus

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 11:32 PM »
Thanks for the advice Razor.
Looks like i might try halving CA's base and see how I go.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 08:47 AM »
Good luck friend, let us know how you get on,

Ray :)

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 09:34 AM »
I think you'll be fine with scaling-down CA's base. I know it scales up very well, so going the other way will probably yield acceptable/good results.

©2024 Curry Recipes