Author Topic: 3 Hour Curry Base  (Read 137632 times)

Offline Hilly

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: 3 Hour Curry Base
« Reply #180 on: March 16, 2012, 02:30 PM »
Have tried both methods and IMHO cooked and then frozen seems to work better and is more moist.  Unless the meat is completely inmersed in marinade there is a high chance of freezer burn and some of the good marinades don't require large quantities.  Hope this helps.  I always now have precooked CT in the freezer ;D
Fantastic! That's exactly what I wanted to hear!

Had a go Dipuraja's balti sauce last night - pretty good. But I've got to admit I'm a massive fan of Chewy's recipes. His base sauce has been spot on. His madras has been spot on. Looks like I have to go to man for great recipes!

Next stop Chicken Tikka!

Offline Aussie Mick

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 20, 2012, 12:45 PM »
I made this base yesterday, anc cooked up a madras, Jalfrezi and a korma for the kids.

CA's base is excellent, but this sauce along with th sieving produced excellent results.

Thanks Chewy for taking the time and trouble to do the video. It REALLY helped me out no end.

Cheers

Mick

Offline mikbex

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: April 02, 2012, 08:04 PM »
Hi
I found this superb site yesterday (1st April 2012), I loved the 3 hour base recipe after watching the video.  I went out and bought my ingredients this morning, came back and avidly set about preparing the base.  I tried watching the video but for some reason it wouldn't load today, so I have been unable to cook my curry base (not having taken any notes yesterday).  Could you just let me know the method please, what order, etc.
Mant thanks
mikbex

Offline daveyham

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: April 02, 2012, 08:13 PM »
The vidoe is working for me. have you tried again?

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: April 02, 2012, 08:48 PM »
Hi
I found this superb site yesterday (1st April 2012), I loved the 3 hour base recipe after watching the video.  I went out and bought my ingredients this morning, came back and avidly set about preparing the base.  I tried watching the video but for some reason it wouldn't load today, so I have been unable to cook my curry base (not having taken any notes yesterday).  Could you just let me know the method please, what order, etc.
Mant thanks
mikbex

Try rebooting your PC or whatever you use. The written recipe is also on page 1 of this thread.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: April 02, 2012, 09:52 PM »
Hi
Mant thanks
mikbex

This is almost the same recipe by the same author (Chewytikka) but using a pressure cooker.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5375.0

So if not using pressure cooker adjust the timings to be 3 times as long for each stage. That'll get you close but hopefully you'll resolve your computer problems and be able to view chewy's video above.  In fact, if you're having trouble following the link to the video why not go directly to Vimeo.com and type in "curry base" in the search box top right of page. Chewytikka's 3 hr curry base is one of the first results of that search.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 10:03 PM by natterjak »

Offline fried

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: April 08, 2012, 03:38 PM »
Hi
Mant thanks
mikbex

This is almost the same recipe by the same author (Chewytikka) but using a pressure cooker.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5375.0

So if not using pressure cooker adjust the timings to be 3 times as long for each stage. That'll get you close but hopefully you'll resolve your computer problems and be able to view chewy's video above.  In fact, if you're having trouble following the link to the video why not go directly to Vimeo.com and type in "curry base" in the search box top right of page. Chewytikka's 3 hr curry base is one of the first results of that search.

It works O.K on Google Chrome, but for some reason Firefox doesn't load it.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: April 09, 2012, 09:55 AM »
Dosent work for me either now, (used to)  >:(
Is this Vimo a new thing?, Maybe I need a Vimeo plug-in of some sort.

Les

Offline daveyham

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: April 09, 2012, 10:30 AM »
Its still on vimeo
on chewytikka ''Mike's'' page.
page 2
http://vimeo.com/mikestyne/videos

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry