Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Massala Group Test  (Read 32932 times)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Massala Group Test
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2011, 03:01 PM »
Hi gazman i second the recipe solarsplace has posted never had any problem with it, my other half loves it (with a few changes made) but it is well worth a try.
Cheers.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2011, 03:03 PM »
So, at the moment it stands:

5 is probably about the limit, unless others disagree. Just had another quick whiz through the forum and the below are probably the most notable exclusions. Again I cannot vouch for these so cannot say whether they should be included (probably at the cost of another recipe) or not.

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2011, 03:12 PM »
Hi Ramirez

Just FYI - The Kushi CTM has its own tikka marinade that requires actually quite a long list of fairly extravigant and possibly hard to generally obtain ingredients (obviously depending on where & what country you live it). I know this because I have just been out and bought them all.

The author even says in the the Kushi book that making the marinade is a true test of ones patience as you must constantly stir the marinade for 45 minutes to an hour to prevent it sticking while it simmers.

I'm going to make it soon anyway and am happy to feed back, however I think the complexity will really put people off this one.

CHeers

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 17, 2011, 03:25 PM »
The author even says in the the Kushi book that making the marinade is a true test of ones patience as you must constantly stir the marinade for 45 minutes to an hour to prevent it sticking while it simmers.

B*llocks to that!  ;D

Let's forget that one then, unless the results are truly worth the effort.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2011, 04:19 PM »
I wouldn't mind having a go

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2011, 12:42 AM »
hi all.

for me its CAs ctm mains recipe + using just  Blades chicken tikka recipe + Ifind foru Base, its a stunner, end of.

CTM search well over, a year ago. 110%

paul

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2011, 08:13 AM »
Hi Paul

You would make an ideal judge then. You might even surprise yourself!

Chris

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2011, 08:15 AM »
So far for testers I have:

Chriswg
Stephen Lindsay
Ramirez
Solar
Bamble

Any other takers?

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2011, 05:38 PM »
Hi Ramirez

Just FYI - The Kushi CTM has its own tikka marinade that requires actually quite a long list of fairly extravagant and possibly hard to generally obtain ingredients (obviously depending on where & what country you live it). I know this because I have just been out and bought them all.

I'm going to make it soon anyway and am happy to feed back, however I think the complexity will really put people off this one.

CHeers

Please let us know how you get on with this one.Being re-reading the Kushi book recently and was going to have a go at this one myself.Some of the ingredients are a bit elusive and the recipe is a bit long winded,so I havn't got round to it yet.If it's a winner though it will be well worth the effort.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2011, 05:25 PM »
So far for testers I have:

Chriswg
Stephen Lindsay
Ramirez
Solar
Bamble

Any other takers?

Looks like this is the final list of participants. We ready to get this started?

©2024 Curry Recipes