Author Topic: Chicken Tikka Massala Group Test  (Read 32955 times)

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Tikka Massala Group Test
« Reply #70 on: April 03, 2012, 01:12 PM »
Would it be possible for any of those who participated in this group test to post their results/opinions? It doesn't seem that this test will ever be properly finished.

CTM would indeed be a bugger to test this way, so I'm grateful to any and all who did.

Anyone?

Offline Dajoca

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 15, 2012, 10:44 PM »
Just wondering if there was ever a conclusion to this test and if so, what the final results were?

Offline SteveAUS

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2012, 06:33 AM »
Wow! What a disappointing end to what was a good read! Was looking forward to the results!

Offline Achille17

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 14, 2012, 08:26 PM »
I hope that Chris will finally provide his recipe, since I'd be very glad to try it!

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 14, 2012, 09:13 PM »
Would it be possible for any of those who participated in this group test to post their results/opinions? It doesn't seem that this test will ever be properly finished.

CTM would indeed be a bugger to test this way, so I'm grateful to any and all who did.

Anyone?

Here are my notes from quite a while ago.

Offline joshallen2k

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: September 15, 2012, 03:38 AM »
Thanks Ramirez - much appreciated.

I've been trying to replicate the CTM I remember from the UK for years. Many recipes come very close, but none so far have been 100%.

I remember trying CA's a few years back, and if I recall there was a number of "optional" or to-taste ingredients. That said, I tried a few variations and they all were very good. I figure somewhere in there was probably what I was looking for.

Since then, I've been toying with red masala-based CTMs (like Dips and CBM's), usually with good results - although you can always taste the Pataks.

I think I will re-visit CA's, this time with more critical thinking about some of the optional (or varying quantity) ingredients. The 6 tablespoons of coconut powder, now I believe, is way too much. I've found that anything over 3 tablespoons starts to make the CTM more sickly and syrupy. On the other hand, I also believe that the almond powder is a must-have ingredient.

Thanks again for posting your results. Hope some of the others involved would do the same.

-- Josh

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 15, 2012, 06:21 AM »
It's also worth trying Lorrydoo's again with these modifications from 976bar - they much improve the dish, in my opinion.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=6069.msg60337#msg60337

©2024 Curry Recipes