Author Topic: Freezing main course dishes 2  (Read 7981 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Freezing main course dishes 2
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2012, 10:39 AM »
Phil, I was replying to Missy, maybe I inserted into the wrong part of the thread.

I couldn't agree with you more about 1 board, 1 knife etc which my grandmother/mother and even I have used in the past which is fine for home cooking.

However, in today's society where everyone wants to sue everyone else so they can make a quick fast buck for nothing, unfortunately the legalities come into play, and covering one's own butt has now become paramount.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2012, 01:10 PM »
Sorry if this sounds a little rude, but I feel you should be totally aware of food hygiene methods, before even thinking of opening any food outlet.  People should be able to trust your cooking unreservedly
If we ignore the legal aspects (which are, of course, very important if one is not to be closed down prematurely), would you not agree that the rest is either common sense or overkill ?  Before we became obsessed with 'Elf 'n' Safety, our restaurants, cafes, pubs and so on all serve (in the main) good wholesome food that all ate without compunction.  And very few got good poisoning.  Likewise our gransmothers prepared meals for families of fourteen, using a single knife and a single board to prepare meat, vegetables, fish and so on, and again, food poisoning was virtually unknown.  Now we have to have colour-coded boards, colour-coded knives, multiple sinks, and all of the other paraphenalia that are necessary only if you don't think about what you are doing.  I still have one board, one knife, and prepare everything on them and using them.  And I have /never/ had food poisoning as a result of this, nor has my wife or any of our guests.

Bob, I don't think there's any evidence that Vinders lives/works/wants to open a T/A in Thailand; you may be confusing him with Missy.  Or maybe you are answering Missy and I am confused by Vinders' more recent question !

** Phil.

Have you got a hangover Phil?

I've never seen you make so many spelling mistakes in a single post (not to mention the unabashed use of the Oxford comma)! The "good poisoning" gave me a laugh though.  ;D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2012, 02:13 PM »
Have you got a hangover Phil?  I've never seen you make so many spelling mistakes in a single post (not to mention the unabashed use of the Oxford comma)! The "good poisoning" gave me a laugh though.  ;D
No, just doing too many things at once and rather stressed as a result.  At least I didn't write "paraffinalia" :)  Not convinced I have used Oxford commas, though : the only debatable usages are at "multiple sinks, and all of the other paraphenalia" and "one knife, and prepare everything on them and using them", and I would argue that the sheer length of the noun phrase that follows the conjunction in the first case, and the fact that in the second case what follows the conjunction is a clause and not a noun or noun phrase, justify the usage of the comma in both cases.  YMMV :)

** Phil.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 02:53 PM by Phil [Chaa006] »

Offline vinders

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2012, 02:47 PM »
Bob, I don't think there's any evidence that Vinders lives/works/wants to open a T/A in Thailand; you may be confusing him with Missy.  Or maybe you were answering Missy and I am confused by Vinders' more recent question !

[/quote]

Apologies if I've caused any confusion or opened up  a pandora's box here, I was just interested if Missy went ahead with opening the T-A and if so if he could share his experiences

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2012, 04:05 PM »
Have you got a hangover Phil?  I've never seen you make so many spelling mistakes in a single post (not to mention the unabashed use of the Oxford comma)! The "good poisoning" gave me a laugh though.  ;D
No, just doing too many things at once and rather stressed as a result.  At least I didn't write "paraffinalia" :)  Not convinced I have used Oxford commas, though : the only debatable usages are at "multiple sinks, and all of the other paraphenalia" and "one knife, and prepare everything on them and using them", and I would argue that the sheer length of the noun phrase that follows the conjunction in the first case, and the fact that in the second case what follows the conjunction is a clause and not a noun or noun phrase, justify the usage of the comma in both cases.  YMMV :)

** Phil.

Secret Santa, don't start Phil off now!! lol  ;D

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2012, 04:07 PM »
Bob, I don't think there's any evidence that Vinders lives/works/wants to open a T/A in Thailand; you may be confusing him with Missy.  Or maybe you were answering Missy and I am confused by Vinders' more recent question !

Apologies if I've caused any confusion or opened up  a pandora's box here, I was just interested if Missy went ahead with opening the T-A and if so if he could share his experiences
[/quote]

Vinders, now I am confused... are you suggesting that Missy is a bloke? Well it is Thailand of course.... ;) lol

Offline vinders

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2012, 04:38 PM »
whoops - apologies to Missy!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2012, 04:43 PM »
Ahem (clears throat discreetly) --

missy Chef

Hi everyone

I am currently in Bangkok, Thailand and I am about to open a small takeaway and delivery indian and Thai food shop.

I really appreciate any replies.

Kind regards

Philip

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 05:18 PM »
Ahem (clears throat discreetly) --

missy Chef

Hi everyone

I am currently in Bangkok, Thailand and I am about to open a small takeaway and delivery indian and Thai food shop.

I really appreciate any replies.

Kind regards

Philip

He make you laugh long time!  :o

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2012, 06:28 PM »
Thanks for the heads up guys!!  :-X lol

©2024 Curry Recipes