Author Topic: mickdabass' Ultimate Tikka Marinade  (Read 82144 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: mickdabass' Ultimate Tikka Marinade
« Reply #90 on: February 23, 2013, 03:15 PM »
Nice photos. Thanks for the positive report CH. The idea of the watery marinade is to completly submerge the meat in the marinade; and also it leaves less marinade stuck to the meat when skewering up prior to cooking.

Offline Malc.

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 23, 2013, 05:50 PM »
and also it leaves less marinade stuck to the meat when skewering up prior to cooking.

I hate tikka with claggy lumps of paste/marinade on it, it doesn't eat well. Pics say it all CH, looks fantastic. :)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 23, 2013, 07:31 PM »
and also it leaves less marinade stuck to the meat when skewering up prior to cooking.

I hate tikka with claggy lumps of paste/marinade on it, it doesn't eat well. Pics say it all CH, looks fantastic. :)

Exactly why I do Mick's and not Blade's.  no yogurt as well = less claggy.  ;)

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 25, 2013, 01:14 PM »

Exactly why I do Mick's and not Blade's.  no yogurt as well = less claggy.  ;)

It won't let me modify this.  Apologies. Got my tikkas confused. It was C2G that had the yogurt not Blade. This is still the best though .  ;)

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: May 02, 2013, 12:39 AM »
As RD recommended this marinade highly enough sometime ago, I decided to give it a shot. I'm throwing up a small party for my girlfriend's family, so I've cut 16  medium-small chicken breasts for nibbles and done everything to spec, although I've decided to make my own tandoori massala upon seeing CA's comments on the quality of Pat Chapman's recipe. The look of it, smell and everything else is so good that I can't wait to have some tomorrow! :)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: May 16, 2013, 03:29 PM »
Hi Goncalo

Just wondered how you got on with my recipe?

Best Regards

Mick

Offline RubyDoo

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: May 16, 2013, 06:39 PM »
Hi Goncalo

Just wondered how you got on with my recipe?

Best Regards

Mick

Well.  If.. He did not do it, then I did last weekeend again and jt was spot on.  Added a touch of mint jelly for me too but not sure it added toooooo much.

Offline goncalo

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44 AM »
Hi Mick,

I need to give it a second try, with less water, as I think I may have overdone the water bit and I blame the blandness to it. The chicken marinated for about 20-21hours. The flavour came a bit more subtle than blade's and CBMs recipe, both of which use patak pastes. Everyone loved it, which was a good  and I didn't disliked it, but was hoping for more intense flavours!

Here's a picture as it was going into the oven:

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: May 17, 2013, 09:40 AM »
Hi  Goncalo
Yes the chicken looks a bit pale lol. Actually I made just the same mistake myself last time I marinated some. I added about 1/3 cup of water extra, and the results were very disappointing. I have also recently tried TRS Tandoori Massala which doesnt contain anything like as much salt as the Rajah Brand that I usually use, so I had to add 1.5 Tsp salt to the marinade as well

Offline Currynoob

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52 PM »
i have made these a few times now and not only was i very happy with the results the family have even said this is the best tikka they have ever had. i have decided to try a little twist and added some tamarind paste into the mix (and a small amount of chilli powder) and i will update with results and pictures in a few days. i plan to use it as a base chicken for a massala it will be my first atempt so wish me luck :)

©2024 Curry Recipes