Author Topic: mickdabass' Ultimate Tikka Marinade  (Read 81244 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: mickdabass' Ultimate Tikka Marinade
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2012, 10:32 PM »
Err no Graeme it was a bit of a rash comment. My apologies

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 02:28 AM »
Hi mickdabass,
I am looking forward to giving this a go,
I love this kind of thing  :)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 27, 2012, 07:40 AM »
Thats great news. I hope it goes well for you

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2012, 04:21 PM »
Best advice I can give you all is to try my tikka marinade...I'm suprised no one has tried it yet and given me some feedback....

I saw this post on Blade's Chicken Tikka - Better than the BIRs thread. Be surprised no longer, MDB!

With only a few hours notice, I had a last-minute curry to prepare for the family yesterday. Although I have plenty of pre-cooked chicken and (Blade's) chicken tikka in the freezer, I also had 1kg of fresh chicken thighs in the fridge and, as I've been meaning to try your tikka marinade for a while now, that was as good a time as any to give it a go.

I made it to spec, but, given the rush job, I only managed to marinate the chicken pieces for 3 hours instead of the recommended 24 hours. Given that I had taken 2 pieces of meat from each thigh, it was a bit of a faff to thread them onto my 8mm square-section skewers but I got them under the gas grill and gave them 4 minutes on either side at full blast.

I have to say that the chicken was delicious! Although I don't think it's strictly BIR, I will definitely make this marinade again. The flavour of the star anise came shining through despite the short marinading time, but not at all in an unpleasant way. The family made a point of complimenting the quality, taste and texture of the chicken tikka - which, by the way, was accompanying loveitspicy's Chicken Chasni. It went very well with this dish.

Very nice indeed, and I suspect that, fully marinated, it would equally be very nice on it's own as a starter or snack. Nice one, MDB! :)
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 05:10 PM by Naga »

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2012, 04:39 PM »
Hey thanks for the kind words Naga.
I am glad you enjoyed it
Best regards
Mick

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2012, 04:01 PM »
Well i experimented a bit this weekend and made this tikka recipe and it ROCKS!!!I love Blades recipe but this is equally as good but different due to the star anise or fennel ( i uesd 1/2 and 1/2 as i like both) and the extra tandoori powder. The question was what to have with it? I had made CBM's Bhuna sauce the other day for the first time with the view of putting some prawns in late for the Mrs, she wasn't bothered though so i basically used it as the vegetable curry element of a biryani and made some of Chewy Tikka's rice (using shaan biryani powder - quite spicy) here with some of my frozen CA's luxury pilau, Chewy's link below: The result was a lovely curry and i was so glad i that i have tried some new recipes!! Thanks CBM, CT and Mickdabass!!!

Flavoured Pilau Rice on Vimeo

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2012, 04:20 PM »
Here's the rice link, to copy and past in your browser as it may not work properly when embedded...fingers crossed

use http: in front of //vimeo.com/45757361

:)

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 01:32 PM »
Had this gaian last night and also tikka'd some prawns and white fish. I think this is now my favourite tikka by a whisker, nice and aniseedy and with some heat!!

Nice one Mick

:P

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 01:50 PM »
What measurements are people using when making this recipe, a dsp or tbsp, i ask because a dsp is 2 tsp and a tbsp is 3 tsp so which is best to use?

Offline Edwin Catflap

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 02:01 PM »
Hi, i didn't notice Micks comments re spoons at the top of his recipe so used it as typed, i.e tsp = teaspoon and tbsp = tablespoon. I used 1 teaspoon of Kashmiri Mirch without extra chillies

Loved it!!

©2024 Curry Recipes