Author Topic: garden charcoal tandoor  (Read 23672 times)

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: garden charcoal tandoor
« Reply #20 on: June 07, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Hey coogan in your introductory thread you stated that you have cooked a naan in the nippoori
Im sorry mate but i still cannot believe it. Is there a good burns unit at your local hospital? For a start youve got to get your whole arm through a very narrow apperture and also how did you remove the naan? I cant believe the naan would successfully stick to a protruding bolt. I have enough job getting the naans to stick to the clay lining of my tandoor and avoiding 3rd degree burns ha ha ha! Now youre saying you cant cook naans in a nipoori. Make your mind up dude.
Do you live next door to a fire station as well? Cos theres no way i would use something chucking out 400C air in my house. Carbon monoxide would be the least of my worries.
Reducing my house to a pile of carbon would be more my concern lol

Bon chance

Offline imustbedreamin

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2011, 08:08 PM »
mick,

you say a big disadvantage is the 2hr heating time............do you now have a lid and it takes this long or is it without a lid?

Actually Sye I tend to now cook the seekh kebabs first as soon as the charcoals are white - much like a standard bbq  the reason being that they soon start dripping fat. It runs down the skewers onto the charcoal. I have found that if the tandoor is too hot the fat ignites and sets fire to the kebabs lol. As far as the lid goes, I am undecided as to whether it makes a massive difference to the temp in the tandoor. It has the effect of reducing the airflow through the tandoor. Hard to explain but if u think of a blacksmiths forge and the use of bellows, you might get the idea. Im thinking of starting another thread documenting my continuing trials and tribulations soon...  Watch this space lol

that will be brilliant mick. give me a nudge when you do as im still finding my way around the forum :)

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 10:23 AM »
?

Online martinvic

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 12:50 PM »
Hey coogan

Not having a go or anything, but what is the point of putting just a question mark as a reply? ???

As you found out last time you did it, it is totally unclear (and frankly unhelpful) as to what ever it is you are questioning.

Martin

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2011, 03:15 PM »
?

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2011, 03:16 PM »
Oh yeah, I see what you mean :)

Offline nipoori man

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 08, 2011, 06:53 PM »
Dear Cro Members,

I am sorry if I have caused any confusion by offering Coogan our new Nipoori Tandoori.  I can assure you all that I had not even heard of Coogan or of Cro, until Chriswg of cro invited me along.   For your information, we are based in Malaysia. 

Of course, it would be my pleasure for all you Indian cuisine experts to try out the Nipoori Tandoori as soon as our first shipment arrives in the UK sometime in July.  I will have a unit sent to your spoke person and you can all try out the Nipoori- may be for the  2011 CRO Family Curry BBQ!

As for those who are not sure if the Nipoori can cook a nan, well seeing is believing,  I will post some pictures of how to cook nan in a Nipoori.  You can also cook Fish  Parcels, Vegetable Parcels, Steaks,  Roast a Chicken/lamb etc...  all it needs is your imagination not clay!

Check out the reviews:  http://www.nipoori.com/reviews.html

Ganesan

Offline mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 08, 2011, 10:57 PM »

?

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2011, 12:07 PM »
Hallelujah!

Well well! Looks like you will get to try out a nipoori after all. Of course it was me that flew out to Malaysia yesterday afternoon in collaboration to arrange this in between transplanting 182 leeks over my allotment in Devon. In fact I think I deserve to be that spoke person and test out the tandoor and report back my findings.

Bon jovi

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Hello Phil,

Quote: "Crikey, I hate to think what the table cloth would look like if I were to try this, never mind the french-polished surface underneath!"

Ok! Hands up a true case of sensationalism - I would actually have the paratha on a plate.

Quote: "I've never had a supermarket naan that anywhere near approached a freshly made naan from the tandoor; would you really recommend that I try Sainsbury's, in the belief that they have achieved a near-miracle?"

No way! They are a million miles away from having the texture and taste of a freshly cooked naan. But out of all the ones I have tried from various supermarkets they to me seem the best. Perhaps it would make an interesting poll to find out what supermarket does do the best naan.

bon jovi

©2024 Curry Recipes