Author Topic: couple of things on Ebay  (Read 13683 times)

Offline imustbedreamin

• Chef
    • View Profile
Re: couple of things on Ebay
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2011, 06:03 PM »
I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned his website that is advertised on the front cover of the book ,    http://learn2cook.vpweb.co.uk/default.html    he appears to be for hire for one on one home lessons and  also with groups, there is a monthly recipe  also posted, this month it's Channa Masala
and a gallery of what I assume are some of his dishes.

What's Shaag Aloo !! :o

dunno but some really wierd stuff is going through my head :P :o

Offline prawnsalad

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2011, 12:27 AM »
I'm suprised that nobody has mentioned his website that is advertised on the front cover of the book ,    http://learn2cook.vpweb.co.uk/default.html    he appears to be for hire for one on one home lessons and  also with groups, there is a monthly recipe  also posted, this month it's Channa Masala
and a gallery of what I assume are some of his dishes.

What's Shaag Aloo !! :o

I think the senior site members should contact this chef to see if he's willing to do some sort of deal that at least gives us an absolute proven base. Most objections up to now have been to do with getting only half truths from reluctant kitchen staff but as this is a service specifically selling BIR methods that should no longer be a problem.
I still believe many here would contribute a sensible figure to it as would I if Cr0 itself endorsed Mr Abdul Mohed.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2011, 09:07 AM »
Hopefully my copy will be delivered tomorrow. Anything new in the base?

Not really the usual suspects
onions
potatoes
pepper
coriander stalks and leaves
green chillies
carrot
tin tomatoes
salt
turmeric
8 spice blend
oil

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2011, 09:09 AM »
Reply from Abdul Mohed, regarding a few questions.

1.    For the intense garlic blend you have two options:

Purchase a ready-made intense garlic blend from any large superstore

or

You could make this yourself depending on how much you may need. Peel off the skin of two whole garlic and put into a blender. Add a half cup of water and blend together. If you have any left then keep refrigerated in a container with a lid. Do not keep any more then two days. Temperature must be below 5 degrees Celsius.

2.    Jalfrezi paste,  Tikka masala paste, Tandoori paste, Kashmiri masala paste, you can purchase these from any asian store or superstore. However the brand name you have mentioned above is the one I use myself.

3.    From page 6, you will have to make the gravy - what I had meant was that the 2 ladle spoons of gravy allows you to cook the spice and once you have cooked the spice, then you add 1 pint of gravy into the cooking pot as well as

Offline madstwatter

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2011, 11:09 AM »
Received my book this morning and is very good value for ?4. I have emailed Abdul introducing him to the site and have asked him about the "missing flavour" when trying to replicate our favourite restaurant dishes at home.

I'll let you know when I have a reply.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 18, 2011, 11:52 AM »
I'd be very interested to know everyone's thoughts on these recipes when you get around to giving them a go. I can't justify another book at the moment, but if the feedback is positive then I'll probably buy a copy.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2011, 03:04 PM »
Making the base as i type this will post pics later on and the final curry as well.
jB the spice mix is the same has yours except for tandoori masala is added.

Offline Tomdip

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 18, 2011, 05:00 PM »
Did you notice that the "meat-on-the-bone curry" and lamb curry are identical?

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 18, 2011, 05:42 PM »
First impression very salty so added roughly 1.5 pints of water to base and about a cup of chicken stock to the Chicken Korahi recipe then reduce down to your desired thickness. The base smells sweet and tastes alot of coriander but that can be altered in the base recipe.
Havent made my mind up yet about it but there are alot better recipes on here but this does remind me of a Achari (indian pickle) recipes.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 18, 2011, 07:08 PM »
The Base
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/pics/.jpg

The Base Blended

Final Curry Korahi recipe

This was a very salty and coriandery (?) curry wasnt impressed at all by this but with a couple of tweeks here and there you never know, but for 4 quid you cant grumble.

©2024 Curry Recipes