Author Topic: couple of things on Ebay  (Read 13677 times)

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: couple of things on Ebay
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2011, 07:45 PM »
links are coming up page not found.

Barry

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 07:53 PM »
Tried all of the links from the CrO image hosting must be having problems will sort them out when its up and running again.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 08:03 PM »
Did you notice that the "meat-on-the-bone curry" and lamb curry are identical?
Sorry Tomdip never noticed your question, i didnt but i nearly always do the first recipe in books so i can get a "feeling" for the recipes.
A little disappointed with this book the recipes really arent what i would order in a TA but each to their own.

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2011, 09:19 PM »
Frank, thanks for the feedback. The image host seems to be working fine, you just seem to be missing the image name in your links.

For instance: http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/imagehost/pics/321ca1e5aff398e5a51c7f3f9dd8d0c6.jpg

That is just a random image I found on there. No idea whose it is.  ;D

Offline Tomdip

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2011, 09:20 PM »
No probs Frank - I only got the book as it was cheap.  At first glance the recipes seem pretty standard.  The base and 8 spice look ok - I wouldn't mind trying either.

Like Blade he uses no yoghurt for his Tikka and Tandoori - which I like the sound of.

He is very inconsistent with his measurements - using exact measurements for nearly everything - then ruining it with a random "4 ladlefuls" for the Dhansak, and this "intense garlic puree" as you pointed out.

His recipes look like you throw in your g/g paste, yoghurt and onions in at once and cook "till golden" I can't see that working too well - putting anything in with onions tends to stop them cooking as well.  Maybe it is just bad wording?

I think it is restaurant style recipes - tailored for home cooking, hence the 2 person portions.  One of the homestyle recipes also use the Base - which seems unlikely?

However having 2 identical recipes is pretty cheeky - even for ?3.50!

Will prob give something a go - and don't mean to be over critical without actually cooking anything - but I won't be in a rush.  Too many other things to try out first :)

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2011, 05:11 PM »
Here we go
Image hosting by CR0.co.uk

This is the recipe for Chicken Korahi (pg.14)

Forgot to resize them first  ::)

The base is quite thick but overpowering with salt and the coriander but will make this again with a few changes and see what happens.

Tomdip if/when you make the base dont put that much salt in, going to give this another go tomorrow with 1 TSP salt and 10-15 stalks and leaves of fresh coriander and see if that makes a difference.

Yes i agree with his measurements, well lack of, but you know yourself how certain dishes should look, but it would be nice to have exact measurements for each recipe.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2011, 08:36 PM »
Right having made a few changes to this recipe as follows
Do base as stated in book, once base is ready i added 1.5 pints of cold water to blended base.
If recipe in book asks for salt i never added it neither did i add fresh coriander (you can if you want for show only).
Chicken Korahi recipe (pg.14) i added 2 TBSP of oil instead of 2 TSP (you can spoon off any excess).

This is very, very close to The Vine http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5680.0
curries so for me a result.

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 08:39 PM »
If i have posted this in wrong place please feel free to move.
Thanks.

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2011, 11:04 PM »
Right having made a few changes to this recipe as follows
Do base as stated in book, once base is ready i added 1.5 pints of cold water to blended base.
If recipe in book asks for salt i never added it neither did i add fresh coriander (you can if you want for show only).
Chicken Korahi recipe (pg.14) i added 2 TBSP of oil instead of 2 TSP (you can spoon off any excess).

This is very, very close to The Vine http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5680.0
curries so for me a result.

Unclefrank that really don't look too appetizing to me ! :P

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2011, 08:34 AM »
Nice report frank.

Is that last image the Korahi? Never seen cucumber in a Korahi like that.

©2024 Curry Recipes