Author Topic: New member  (Read 40646 times)

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2011, 12:06 AM »
Everything comes down to money these days, And how can we rip of the punters a bit more, And i woulden't mind betting some of the recipes (with slight changes) from this site end up in book 2

I tend to agree - unfortunately!!!

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 03, 2011, 02:12 AM »
he ain't gonna make a bucket load

Offline haldi

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2011, 07:37 AM »
It's only four pounds, and it's a great little book
Clearly written and with author support
What is wrong with that?
My only complaint, is that I can't buy part two now

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 03, 2011, 10:00 AM »
It's only four pounds, and it's a great little book
What is wrong with that?

I'm not saying that there is anything wrong with it, What I am saying is the only reason he has joined cr0 is to benifit himself by promoting his books, not to help others (unless you buy his book of course)

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2011, 11:12 AM »
hi haldi great to see you interested again! i totally agree   "It's only four pounds, and it's a great little book
What is wrong with that?
My only complaint, is that I can't buy part two now"

i bought it on your recommendation and for what it is where can you buy something like this with the add bonus of interaction of after care lol.

i totally understand him not wanting to go in to more detail at the moment just want to get the next volume now.

and guys is this any way to treat a new member, he doesn't have to answer any of our questions and despite what ever his motives are at least he is willing to help YOU, many members never post anything but use this site to their own means and some are making money by starting their own business because of cr0. and because they are "invisible" no one says a thing about it. so cut him some slack and don't get the hump when you don't get the answers you looking for because you may be KICKING a gift horse in the mouth instead of looking at  it.

regards
gary

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 03, 2011, 11:59 AM »
Got to say, I agree with Gary.

If you look at it from another angle, maybe he feels it a bit unfair to future buyers of volume II, that he should reveal the recipes before the book has hit the shops?

I don't blame the fella for try to make a few quid out of his knowledge of BIR cooking, why not? 

I really can't see the need for him to stick any recipes from cr0 in his books, as he probably already has his own version of all the recipes on here, with the exception that, they are bona fide 'BIR recipes'

It is a shame that he can't reveal more at this stage but I totally understand his reasons not to!

Has anyone got a link to his website or where I can purchase his book?

Ray :)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 03, 2011, 12:37 PM »
Found it and just ordered my copy ;D

Offline rockyholland

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 03, 2011, 01:10 PM »
AMAZING!

The attitude of some people stinks.

I think they ought to find some new standards to judge people by, their own standards are not good enough.

They're jumping on the guy and all he's doing is protecting his interests, not promoting them.

Abdul has NOT said you have to buy his book before he'll help, simply that you'll have to wait until its PUBLISHED before he releases certain information here.

I know you'll find he is very helpful and that he truly has a desire to share his knowledge and interest in food.

Finally to pre-empt any silly accusations, yes I do know Adbul, initially as a teacher and now as a good friend, a more helpful guy you couldn't wish to meet.

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2011, 02:01 PM »
AMAZING!

The attitude of some people stinks..

It's nothing to do with attitude, It's just my opinion, Which I'm entitled too,
And I'm sure Abdul could speak up for himself. without the need for an extra mouthpiece
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 02:17 PM by hotstuff09 »

Offline Unclefrank

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2011, 02:21 PM »
If peolpe arent careful Abdul might not come on this site again and we will have lost a perfect candidate for helping and advising on what we really joined this site for in the first place.When i purchased this book he didnt even know that i was a member of this site and he still left a message on my home telephone number saying that he would help in anyway possible, just phone him.

Just wish some people would get their head from up their arse, not everybody is an expert (but some people think they are) its experienced chefs that we need to talk to, not drive them away.

Hi Abdul just to let you know that the curry i did for the local college went down a treat and there was nothing left at all, cheers Abdul.

©2024 Curry Recipes