Author Topic: New member  (Read 40634 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2011, 02:26 PM »
AMAZING!

The attitude of some people stinks.

I think they ought to find some new standards to judge people by, their own standards are not good enough.

They're jumping on the guy and all he's doing is protecting his interests, not promoting them.

Abdul has NOT said you have to buy his book before he'll help, simply that you'll have to wait until its PUBLISHED before he releases certain information here.

I know you'll find he is very helpful and that he truly has a desire to share his knowledge and interest in food.

Finally to pre-empt any silly accusations, yes I do know Adbul, initially as a teacher and now as a good friend, a more helpful guy you couldn't wish to meet.

I take it you had lessons as well??????  How did you get on????  I had mine about a year ago with Abdul I learnt a hell of a lot from the guy.Incidentally I just saw Abdul,he was passing my way and hand delivered my book personally and gave me my postage back...that's what you call service!!

Offline rockyholland

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2011, 04:13 PM »
AMAZING!

The attitude of some people stinks..

It's nothing to do with attitude, It's just my opinion, Which I'm entitled too,
And I'm sure Abdul could speak up for himself. without the need for an extra mouthpiece

It's your attitude and accusation which I don't think you have any right too, not opinion.

Abdul can speak for himself, but are you saying I'm not entitled to an opinion but you are?

Actually, since I know Abdul personally I was able to state fact rather than just opinion.

Offline rockyholland

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2011, 04:19 PM »
AMAZING!

The attitude of some people stinks.

I think they ought to find some new standards to judge people by, their own standards are not good enough.

They're jumping on the guy and all he's doing is protecting his interests, not promoting them.

Abdul has NOT said you have to buy his book before he'll help, simply that you'll have to wait until its PUBLISHED before he releases certain information here.

I know you'll find he is very helpful and that he truly has a desire to share his knowledge and interest in food.

Finally to pre-empt any silly accusations, yes I do know Adbul, initially as a teacher and now as a good friend, a more helpful guy you couldn't wish to meet.

I take it you had lessons as well??????  How did you get on????  I had mine about a year ago with Abdul I learnt a hell of a lot from the guy.Incidentally I just saw Abdul,he was passing my way and hand delivered my book personally and gave me my postage back...that's what you call service!!

Hi, yes I have had lessons.

I've been cooking curries for years and years having been through the Pat Chapman first book onwards, Kris Dhillon etc but never quite cracked it.

Must say that a few lessons from Abdul and I am cooking seriously good curries. It's amazing just how little extra you need to know to get things right.

Trust you are enjoying your food more than before your lessons?

Regards

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2011, 05:03 PM »

Actually, since I know Abdul personally I was able to state fact rather than just opinion.

Well good for you ;D

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27 PM »

Nice one guys! - that will be, probably the third new member in the last 6 or so months with great potential that has been pissed-off never to return and ALL IN THE SPACE OF THEIR FIRST AND ONLY ONE THREAD.

Please keep posting Abdul :) - Really appreciate all the many questions you have answered out of your own good will already!

Regards

Offline adamski

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Abdul is someone who has spent many many hours working all his life in Indian restaurants. He's obviously retired, what is the harm in him making some money for his skills, knowledge and experience.

I wasn't bothered about buying his book, until I saw Abdul posting here and offering so much for free.  So I spent a paltry sum of ?4 and bought it, and I will buy the next one too.

Here is a man with 30 years of experience and people have the cheek to criticize and moan.

I only have a hope that Abdul sees through the negative, and realizes there  are people on this forum (albeit ones that dont say much,like me) that welcome his presence.

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2011, 08:21 PM »
I think Abdul has been incredibly patience considering all the questions that was hurled upon him - some with unnecessary venom I would say. But he has took the time and endeavoured to answer them fully and politely but obviously held back on a few minor issues. If this or other such forums had been around when Pat Chapman or Kris Dhillon had launched their books I am sure they would have done exactly the same as Abdul - it's just the way it is now I guess. Mind you Looking at the pictures and contents of the book on the website it appears to me that the recipes seem to be more of a traditional Bangladeshi nature rather than actual BIR.  Perhaps I will purchase the next book if should be more traditional BIR.

Bon luck Abdul.

« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 08:37 PM by coogan »

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 04, 2011, 01:16 PM »
Hi, thank you all for your posts.

I recently introduced myself to this forum and displayed my interests and purpose. I am grateful to the majority of members who accepted me at face value and believe that my interest in sharing my passion and knowledge for 'Indian' food is my priority.

I am who I am, a chef and an author, and simply stated this in my introduction.

It was obviously this statement that brought forth the volume of eager questions about the subject and this pleased me, I am very enthusiastic about sharing my knowledge and get a lot of pleasure from helping people.
My book is a tool to help achieve this, any possible financial profit is a very long way in the future, if at all. For your further information I am not a sponsored author, I have had to pay all costs for the preparation and printing of the book, in addition I have spent many unpaid hours writing and preparing recipes etc.

I am not asking anyone to buy my current book but I am happy to help and answer any question you may have regarding its content, for reasons of fairness I simply would rather not answer questions on the subject matter of future books that are yet to be published, after publication I will be happy to do so.

I look forward to being an active member of this community but would be grateful if my integrity is not questioned without foundation.

thank you

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2011, 01:27 PM »
If peolpe arent careful Abdul might not come on this site again and we will have lost a perfect candidate for helping and advising on what we really joined this site for in the first place.When i purchased this book he didnt even know that i was a member of this site and he still left a message on my home telephone number saying that he would help in anyway possible, just phone him.

Just wish some people would get their head from up their arse, not everybody is an expert (but some people think they are) its experienced chefs that we need to talk to, not drive them away.

Hi Abdul just to let you know that the curry i did for the local college went down a treat and there was nothing left at all, cheers Abdul.

Hi, thank you for sharing your event at the college  ;D and I am happy that things went very well, if I can be of help in any way in future events then please email me

thank you

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Hi Abdul good post
Sorry for my late reply to your original post

Thanks for the offer, to make a Tikka marinade to test for me. amazing gesture

I have over 35 years BIR association and have numerous Sylheti friends, some are very good Chef's
and some are what they would call commercial cooks.

I've made loads of different marinade's, I just like looking for new ways to compliment chicken.
The last Tikka I made was a cheesy Hasarvi Kebab, which was very tasty.
Chicken and Cheese, who would have thought!

I don't have any problems cooking BIR or Indian food, but I do enjoy learning and creating new dishes,
with new flavours and dish combinations that work together for that truly amazing meal.

I also believe it would take two lifetimes to learn the complexities of Indian Cuisine,
as it must be the most diverse in the world.

You must have hundreds of Handi (staff curry) recipes, do you have a nice one that you are willing
to share with the members.

cheers Chewytikka

©2024 Curry Recipes