Author Topic: New member  (Read 40265 times)

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #80 on: July 08, 2011, 04:50 PM »
Only people which have bought your book can comment on your recipe,
To the rest of us, the recipe is a total waste of time without the base/8 spice ingredients.

I see it as a fair-enough marketing exercise. The book is very reasonably priced so what's the problem, if you want to try the above recipe?

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 08, 2011, 08:40 PM »
Abdul,

Thank you for posting this recipe.

I made everything to spec other than not adding the saktora and also replacing the 3 green chillies in the main dish with a tablespoon of kasmiri chilli powder.

For the chicken i went with 1.2kg on the bone and 1kg of chicken fillet for Mrs moony

This produced a delicious medium strength curry with a good spice blend and texture.

The chicken was simply outstanding and would highly recommend other CRO members to try this recipe in particular with the chicken on the bone.

If like me, you are not sure how to cut the full chicken up, just ask the Halal butcher to cut it up ready for a curry, it literally takes them seconds.

Alan ;D

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 09, 2011, 05:00 AM »
Only people which have bought your book can comment on your recipe,
To the rest of us, the recipe is a total waste of time without the base/8 spice ingredients.

I see it as a fair-enough marketing exercise. The book is very reasonably priced so what's the problem, if you want to try the above recipe?

The "problem", as I see it, is that Abdul's recipe(s) is thereby exclusive to the relatively few members who have Abdul's book.  It therefore excludes most members on this (open) forum. 

To be as inclusive as possible, I believe it is far more preferable for people to post every aspect of their recipes accordingly.

Abdul, perhaps you would be kind enough to post your "8 spice mix" and "gravy" recipes? More of our forum members would then be able to try your recipes and provide you with relevant feedback.

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 09, 2011, 08:55 AM »
Hi Abdul,

Thanks for posting your recipe for a traditional Bangladeshi dish (which does look very nice  8)). 

Could you possibly also post your recipe for a typical (Bangladeshi) British Indian Restaurant/Takeaway Madras (or similar)? 

If the recipe includes gravy and spice mix (which it obviously will), please would you post the recipes for these too?

I think typical British Indian Restaurant/Takeaway recipes would be more in keeping with the main focus of this forum.

Thanking you in anticipation!  8)

Offline coogan

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 09, 2011, 09:53 AM »
Hi Abdul,

Thanks for taking the time to post you recipe it looks very interesting and would certainly make a good 'handi'. But a word of advice - If you are trying to promote yourself and wares I think you should seriously consider changing the name of the recipe. It does not give yourself or indeed your other recipes much credibility when you name it as being Tandoori chicken when it has clearly not been pre spiced or marinated at all and has certainly not been anywhere near a Tandoor or even grilled or baked. Such fallaciousness would certainly put me of purchasing your book. Not being pernickety here just trying to help out.

Bon luck

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 09, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Abdul,

Thank you for posting this recipe.

I made everything to spec other than not adding the saktora and also replacing the 3 green chillies in the main dish with a tablespoon of kasmiri chilli powder.

For the chicken i went with 1.2kg on the bone and 1kg of chicken fillet for Mrs moony

This produced a delicious medium strength curry with a good spice blend and texture.

The chicken was simply outstanding and would highly recommend other CRO members to try this recipe in particular with the chicken on the bone.

If like me, you are not sure how to cut the full chicken up, just ask the Halal butcher to cut it up ready for a curry, it literally takes them seconds.

Alan ;D

Hi Alan,

Thank you for your feedback I am delighted that it turned out well and you enjoyed making the recipe.  ;D If you have any personal preference of a dish then let me know and I will try and make it and post it onto our forum for you and all our members to try.

thank you,

abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 09, 2011, 06:36 PM »

If the recipe includes gravy and spice mix (which it obviously will), please would you post the recipes for these too?

I think typical British Indian Restaurant/Takeaway recipes would be more in keeping with the main focus of this forum.

Thanking you in anticipation!  8)

Hi Cory,

I understand that many of our members do not know the recipe for making 8 spice and the gravy for the recipes I post. If it is helpful for you and our members to cook the recipes using 8 spice and the gravy then I will put them up also.

8 spice

Ingredients

100g Mild Madras
100g Paprika
200g Haldi Ground Turmeric
100g Dhaniya Ground Coriander
100g Chilli Powder
50g Jeera Ground Cumin
50g Garam Masala
25g Tandoori Powder

(please do not adjust the measurements to make 8 spice)

Method

Pour all the seasonings into a mixing bowl
Mix thoroughly until it forms into one powder.

Gravy
(Use to make 5 or 6 curries)

Ingredients

4 Large onions finely sliced
4 Small Potatoes sliced
1 Capsicum  sliced
Fresh Coriander with stalks and leaves 1 handful
6 Green Chillies  sliced
1 Carrot  chopped
1 Tin of Peeled Tomatoes (400g)
Salt 1 and half tbsp
Turmeric Powder half a tbsp
 8 Spice  2 and a half tbsp
Oil (of your choice or preferably sunflower)  6 tbsp

Method

In a large bowl, add oil, onions, salt, turmeric powder, 8 Spice, potatoes, capsicum, green chillies and carrot. Then add the tin of Peeled Tomatoes and the coriander.

Pour everything into a cooking pot and add 3 pints of water; the water level should be above the ingredients that have been placed into the cooking pot.
Boil until the vegetables are cooked (estimated time 30 minutes)

Finally, take the cooking pot off the cooker, allow it to cool down completely and use a blender to mix all the ingredients together.

For storage, keep refrigerated at the temperature of 0-5 ˚C and no longer than 2 days

I hope this will help you and the rest of our members to cook many BIR dishes.

Thank you,

Abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 09, 2011, 06:46 PM »
Hi Abdul,

Thanks for taking the time to post you recipe it looks very interesting and would certainly make a good 'handi'. But a word of advice - If you are trying to promote yourself and wares I think you should seriously consider changing the name of the recipe. It does not give yourself or indeed your other recipes much credibility when you name it as being Tandoori chicken when it has clearly not been pre spiced or marinated at all and has certainly not been anywhere near a Tandoor or even grilled or baked. Such fallaciousness would certainly put me of purchasing your book. Not being pernickety here just trying to help out.

Bon luck

Hi Coogan,

Thank you for highlighting the title of my recipe. There are many types of chicken; baby; tandoori; roaster; boiler; and a soft boiler. Before we marinate any dishes we have to select the chicken we will use. For this recipe I had used a tandoori chicken, your right to say what you did as I should have said the type of chicken used and once again thank you for highlighing this. It has also given me the chance to clear which type of chicken should be used for the recipe.

Thank you,

Abdul

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 09, 2011, 07:31 PM »
Thank you for highlighting the title of my recipe. There are many types of chicken; baby; tandoori; roaster; boiler; and a soft boiler. Before we marinate any dishes we have to select the chicken we will use. For this recipe I had used a tandoori chicken, your right to say what you did as I should have said the type of chicken used and once again thank you for highlighing this. It has also given me the chance to clear which type of chicken should be used for the recipe.

Thank you,

Abdul
Hi Abdul
Thanks again for sharing your handi recipe, in English the type of chicken used for Tandoori is a spring chicken,
which would be most 1 kilo chickens. Baby chicken is a Poussin, under a month old, which I've just bought today.
I'll be making a handi chicken, with it later tonight.
cheers Chewy

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2011, 12:43 AM »
Hi Abdul,

My preffered BIR curry along with Mrs moony is a lamb ceylon, if you have a recipe, please post it.

I am pleased you have posted your 8 spice and gravy recipe to this forum, this will most definatley prompt other members who have yet to buy your book, to try the handi curry, although it is a more traditional dish and exactly how i have it before ,if not better off my bangladeshi friends, it really does make an excellent alternative to BIR.

Regards,

Alan ;D

« Last Edit: July 10, 2011, 12:56 AM by moonster »

©2024 Curry Recipes