Author Topic: New member  (Read 40257 times)

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« on: June 28, 2011, 09:08 PM »

Hi my name is Abdul Mohed  ;D  , many of you may already know me I am a chef and an author. I am so happy to be part of this organisation and I would like to offer my service to all our members. You could email me your questions regarding Indian Restaurant style or Traditional Bangladeshi style of food. It would be my great pleasure to share my knowledge with any of our members.

Also I would love to know about Manchurian, Indochinese and Thai recipes and I would gratefully appreciate it if anyone could give me advice or recipes on these.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: New member
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55 AM »
Assalamu Alaykum Abdul
Welcome to cr0
You must be the first bangladeshi chef to ever post here, I'm sure you'll get lots of questions :D
My first question is, do you have a Tandoori/Tikka marinade recipe, without using Pataks pastes
cheers Chewytikka

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2011, 08:44 AM »
Hi Abdul and welcome to the forum :)

I would love to know how to make the perfect Bhuna!!!

Being my favourite dish, some restaurants I feel get it right others are no way near and I have always struggled with this dish.

Do you have any tips or a recipe we could use please? :)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2011, 09:44 AM »
Hi Abdul

Warm welcome to the forum :)

I expect you will be bombarded with questions, hope you don't get overwhelmed.

Don't suppose you have any advice on what makes the perfect Chicken Vindaloo do you please?

Some say vinegar, some lemon juice, some potato, some no potato - some discussions can get very heated over such things too!

Many thanks

Russell

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2011, 10:47 AM »
Hi Abdul and welcome to cr0.

We have often debated in the past, the ever changing flavour of BIR food, many members indicating that BIR food of the 1980's is not what we get today.  Paste's and other commercial products are being identified as the culprits.

In your opinion, what changes have you seen over the years, and what products are mainly responsible for that change?

Thanks in advance,

Ray :)

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2011, 05:35 PM »
Assalamu Alaykum Abdul
Welcome to cr0
You must be the first bangladeshi chef to ever post here, I'm sure you'll get lots of questions :D
My first question is, do you have a Tandoori/Tikka marinade recipe, without using Pataks pastes
cheers Chewytikka
Walaikum Salaam, thank you very much for your post, Patak is a brand name, you can use any other brand but you will need those pastes and without them you cannot marinate. However, there is another way but it is a long process as you will have to use fresh masaala powders and put it together. Or if you really want to have a go then you can email me and I will try it first, then give you the recipe.
Thank You

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2011, 05:54 PM »
Hi Abdul and welcome to the forum :)

I would love to know how to make the perfect Bhuna!!!

Being my favourite dish, some restaurants I feel get it right others are no way near and I have always struggled with this dish.

Do you have any tips or a recipe we could use please? :)
Hi, the answer to your question to get it right is that you must understand what the word 'Bhuna' is. It is a dry dish made from heavy tarka with many chopped onions and tomatoes, finishing dry but you must have a good idea of the gravy sauce as it is a key ingredient to the finishing 'bhuna'. If you need any help then please email me

thank you

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 05:58 PM »
Hi Abdul

Warm welcome to the forum :)

I expect you will be bombarded with questions, hope you don't get overwhelmed.

Don't suppose you have any advice on what makes the perfect Chicken Vindaloo do you please?

Some say vinegar, some lemon juice, some potato, some no potato - some discussions can get very heated over such things too!

Many thanks

Russell
Hi Russel, 'Vindaloo' is simply a hot dish. I think that lemon juice, potatos and chilli powder makes the perfect 'Vindaloo'

thank you

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:03 PM »

We have often debated in the past, the ever changing flavour of BIR food, many members indicating that BIR food of the 1980's is not what we get today.  Paste's and other commercial products are being identified as the culprits.

In your opinion, what changes have you seen over the years, and what products are mainly responsible for that change?

Thanks in advance,

Hi Ray, I do not know what 'BIR' stands for could you please tell me  :)

thank you

Offline m33sta

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2011, 06:59 PM »

Thanks in advance,

Hi Ray, I do not know what 'BIR' stands for could you please tell me  :)

thank you

Hi Abdul,

BIR means "British Indian Restaurant" style

Also a simple question but maybe long to answer, what are main differences between Indian Restaurant style and Traditional Bangladeshi?

©2024 Curry Recipes