Author Topic: Rogan Josh by Razor  (Read 108473 times)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rogan Josh by Razor
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2015, 04:45 PM »
I presume you just scoop it out when ready to serve if its too oily??

Exactly. And then use it to start your next curry with. It's magic stuff.

Offline imogensdad

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2015, 08:21 PM »
Well folks, her indoors has just polished off a big portion of this and has said it's better than the local TA. Less oily and more flavour.    :)  :)

Cracking recipe.

Thanks all for the tips and advice so far.

Just to say, I used chicken tikka which was cooked in my new Puri Tandoor earlier!! 😁😁😁

Offline Curry addict bob

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2015, 03:35 PM »
Hi Razor, I like the look of this & well done for how you have laid it out with photos and easy to follow instructions,
I'm going to make this next week. I may post some images and tell you how I got on with it.

Offline Geoffbrick

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 02, 2015, 10:36 PM »
Hi Razor,
   Had a home made Rogan Josh last weekend,with added yoghurt etc,it tasted ok particularly with a few barleypops.
   However looking at your recipe and presentation,am certainly giving it a go,cracker,more power to your elbow.  Geoffbrick

Offline livo

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 02, 2015, 10:47 PM »
I haven't tried this yet but I intend on doing so. RJ is one of my favourite dishes but unfortunately some recipes are just awful.  A good RJ is a lovely thing though, and knowing Razor's reputation, I'll be looking forward to this one.  I'll do lamb though.

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: June 03, 2015, 10:37 PM »
tasted ok particularly with a few barleypops.

I'd never hear of that word before..barleypops! Had to look it up but in the context I assume you mean a cold beer? Can't be an English word can it or I'm sure I'd have heard of it by now? Anyway, reminded me of barley-sugar sweets which I haven't had since I was a kid..I wonder if they still sell them?  ???

Offline BigAl

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: June 29, 2015, 12:46 PM »
TONIGHT'S TEA!!
And yes it's worth shouting about, lol
All I nmeed now is to get cracking with the ingredients..

BA

Offline Pico

• Junior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 13, 2015, 06:48 PM »
Well here is my first post
30 years cooking "home style" Indian/Pakistani food and suddenly decided to see what all this BIR is about.
So having done a few recipes off here recently, I decided that Razors fitted my "profile", to which I have tested and adapted my basics, which is a "Chewy style" base gravy and an 8 spice "Mix powder". The only catch is, that now living in Spain, I sort of get a kick out of cooking for Ex-Pats at a huge Spanish restaurant, in the BIR style that the Indians here are not familiar with, so each batch is like 50 to 70 portions. A challenge? I guess so but hell we want some fun right?
Anyway, Razor, this is a super recipe for batch cooking, my only regret is forgetting to take the photo before serving. This, whatever it is, is a superb curry. I added quite a bit of sweet Paprika to try and get some colour into it (as well as red colouring) and a real "home style" Rogan is seriously dependent on it, so maybe note that. Next time I do it I will try and list the adjusted ingredients for a large quantity, and take a photo, quite a sight but great stuff and many, many compliments from the "british" punters in Spain. The chicken tikka I use is absolutely based on Curry to go's version which, is absolutely fantastic, and the "Mint" that Julian uses is the real secret (here we use hierbabuena which is closely related but better for cooking) . I have the great advantage of having a "plancha", hotplate for cooking the chicken which after a griddle is brilliant. 

Offline Madrasandy

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2015, 04:11 PM »
Made this the other night , although it is a little mild in heat for my tastes, I have to say it was delicious.
Bursting with bir flavour, with great depth , cant wait to make it again  :)
Cheers Razor

Offline Garp

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2015, 05:21 PM »
Looks very nice, Andy. Did you use the original recipe/method?

©2024 Curry Recipes