Author Topic: Rogan Josh by Razor  (Read 108458 times)

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Rogan Josh by Razor
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 12:09 PM »
Cheers Ram,

Look forward to your findings.

Ray :)

Offline bamble1976

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 09:18 PM »
So I tried this rogan josh with lamb at the weekend and also ChrisWG's chicken roshney.

The rogan josh initially got a 7/8 out of 10 as i was getting the aromatic flavours buit they were not blending well.  I had the rest the next day and what a difference.  the flavours blended nicely to give a full rounded combination of flavours.  I hate to say it razor but it might be better than my recipe for R.J :o  Hats off to you razor!!!!!  Definitley a curry i would recommend cooking one day and eating the next

FYI the roshney was also very nice, a strong 8/9 out of 10.

Cheers

Barry

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 07:15 AM »
Hi Barry,

Thankyou very much for giving it a go and glad you liked it.  Not tried to leave it until the next day but if it improves on flavour, then maybe I will give it a try.

I do however, suspect that frying aromatics such as cloves and cardamom, tend to play havoc with the old 'hooter' and therefor mess up taste perception if eating straight away.

Well done Chris too on the Roshney, another dish on my to do list.

Thanks ever so much Barry,

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 04:45 PM »
Hi ray

Done chewys base today so will make RJ with it tomorrow and making double portion to try one the day after to compare the taste. One other question where is the roshney recipe can't find it

Jamie

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2011, 05:25 PM »
Chris sent it out with his 'Tikka Masala' recipe via personal message for those participating in the Chicken Tikka Masala group test.

I'm sure he'll be happy to send it to you if you PM him.

Offline jamieb728

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2011, 08:48 AM »
Made this for dinner last night this time using chewys base the only difference i could make between using your base and chewys is that with chewys it seems slightly sweeter in taste. I have a little bit left to try later would have been a portion but i polished most of it off after the pub last night, cant make my mind up from personal taste if i prefer the dish with your base or chewys at the moment I'm leaning towards yours think I'm going to make 2 dishes at the same time with the 2 different bases to compare them side by side not from memory.

Jamie

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 24, 2011, 09:17 AM »
Well, Ray, you're onto another winner here. Really enjoyed this. I don't think I've ever had a Rogan Josh from a BIR before, so I cannot comment on its authenticity, but it was lovely and something I'll definitely be making again. Tried a bit this morning and it even had a hint of that BIR magic that seems so elusive.

Nice one on another top quality recipe.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 09:42 AM by Ramirez »

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 24, 2011, 10:41 AM »
That's a fine looking curry Ramirez :P.  I must give Ray's recipe a go.  It's getting glowing reports.  Never had RJ myself either so it'll be a new experience :D

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 24, 2011, 11:01 AM »
Hi Ram,

Many thanks for giving this one a try mate, and sooooo glad that that you enjoyed it.

Just a question, how much red food colouring did you use :o :o :o ;D

I am actually trying to phase it out and replace with something else such as paprika or kashmiri chilli powder but I don't want to alter the taste, so still a little work needed there on my part.

Many thanks again mate,

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 25, 2011, 11:06 AM »
Actually, looking at the image again it definitely wasn't that red - think I went a bit overboard with the saturation. Almost looks radioactive! ;D

You could omit the colouring all together - I know it might not look quite as good but at the end of the day the taste is the most important thing.

©2024 Curry Recipes