Author Topic: ?The BIR style wagon?  (Read 142682 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: ?The BIR style wagon?
« Reply #230 on: December 30, 2011, 06:16 PM »
Hi Abdul

If you're still about and I hope you are as well, on a different note, do you have a recipe for stuffed pepper please

regards

Wayne :)

Hi Whandsy, One of the ideas I have for a new recipe is a Keema stuffed pepper which I am working on. Hopefully will have this early in the new year!! :)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: December 30, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Hi Whandsy, One of the ideas I have for a new recipe is a Keema stuffed pepper which I am working on. Hopefully will have this early in the new year!!

Happy Days :)

Cheers 976

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36 PM »

Hi Whandsy, One of the ideas I have for a new recipe is a Keema stuffed pepper which I am working on. Hopefully will have this early in the new year!! :)

Now i do like the sound of that 976.  I can remember having a pepper stuffed with lightly spiced mincemeat in an Italian restaurant years ago.  It was absolutely delicious :P :P.  Look forward to your post.

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 08, 2012, 04:00 PM »
Hopefully Abdul hasn't decided to leave us to our own devices and will continue to try and educate the class for some time to come in spite of the unruly behaviour of some of our classmates ;)

I have a question for the teacher.  The tomato puree paste in your recipes, diluted or undiluted??  Having cooked Abdul's madras last night to try out Ifindforu's mix powder, it suddenly dawned on me this morning, for some reason, that nobody has asked for clarification on this which is now beginning to nag at me a little. 

Hi Curryhell,

I use undiluted tomato puree paste as I find it gives me a nice strong colour to my currys.

Abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 08, 2012, 04:08 PM »
Hi Abdul

If you're still about and I hope you are as well, on a different note, do you have a recipe for stuffed pepper please

regards

Wayne :)

Hi Whandsy,

Normally I make a very dry chicken or lamb bhuna (must be finely chopped) or keema bhuna, before stuffing, I clean the insides of the pepper (taking seeds out) and roast the pepper on top of tandoor for est. 5minutes, then stuff it with the bhuna and roast it inside the tandoor until it gets cooked.

Sorry I do not have any specific measurements as they are not written down. I only make it if customers request.

Abdul

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 08, 2012, 04:35 PM »
Hopefully Abdul hasn't decided to leave us to our own devices and will continue to try and educate the class for some time to come in spite of the unruly behaviour of some of our classmates ;)

I have a question for the teacher.  The tomato puree paste in your recipes, diluted or undiluted??  Having cooked Abdul's madras last night to try out Ifindforu's mix powder, it suddenly dawned on me this morning, for some reason, that nobody has asked for clarification on this which is now beginning to nag at me a little. 

Thanks for clearing that up Abdul :D.  This is very useful as i dilute mine 50/50 with water so i need to now double up if i am going to make your recipes to spec.  Could you possibly tell us exactly how to make the filling for peshwari naans too.  I know there has been some discussion on the forum about this.  This is the one naan bread that i so love to eat with a curry.  I know some restaurants spread what looks like some kind of thin syrup on the top after it has been cooked.

Good to have you back Abdul ;)

Hi Curryhell,

I use undiluted tomato puree paste as I find it gives me a nice strong colour to my currys.

Abdul

Offline timeless

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 08, 2012, 04:51 PM »
Just made a beef madras with the enhanced gravy got that toffee aroma going on whilst doing it  :D be even better come tomorrow nights tea.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 08, 2012, 05:41 PM »
Just made a beef madras with the enhanced gravy got that toffee aroma going on whilst doing it  :D be even better come tomorrow nights tea.
Nice one timeless.  Did you do it the way Abdul suggest, doing the tarka etc?

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 08, 2012, 08:26 PM »

Thanks for clearing that up Abdul :D.  This is very useful as i dilute mine 50/50 with water so i need to now double up if i am going to make your recipes to spec.  Could you possibly tell us exactly how to make the filling for peshwari naans too.  I know there has been some discussion on the forum about this.  This is the one naan bread that i so love to eat with a curry.  I know some restaurants spread what looks like some kind of thin syrup on the top after it has been cooked.

Hi Curryhell,

This is how I make the filling for Peshwari Naans. Just bare in mind that it is a recipe for just ONE naan.

Ingredients for the peshwari mixture

1 and half tsp of coconut powder
just under a tsp of almond powder
2 sultanas cut into small slices
Half tsp of Sugar
Coronation milk  2 to 3 tsp

Method

Mix thoroughly and make sure the mixture should not be runny.
Then put the mixture into the naan dough.
Then make the naan using the normal procedure.

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 08, 2012, 08:54 PM »

Hi Curryhell,

This is how I make the filling for Peshwari Naans. Just bare in mind that it is a recipe for just ONE naan.

Ingredients for the peshwari mixture

1 and half tsp of coconut powder
just under a tsp of almond powder
2 sultanas cut into small slices
Half tsp of Sugar
Coronation milk  2 to 3 tsp

Method

Mix thoroughly and make sure the mixture should not be runny.
Then put the mixture into the naan dough.
Then make the naan using the normal procedure.

Thanks for that Abdul.I'm going to make some peshwari naans when I try out my new tandoori oven.It's a shame that I didn't have it here when I had my lessons with you.There's quite a few recipes on here for naan bread I'm just wondering if you have a definite restaurant version.

©2024 Curry Recipes