Author Topic: ?The BIR style wagon?  (Read 142664 times)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: ?The BIR style wagon?
« Reply #300 on: May 08, 2012, 12:15 PM »
This thread has really inspired me to have a go at some of the recipes Abdul kindly posted for us here.

I've not had great success at reproducing good Asian cuisine (although, with all the help on this site, you'd think that was impossible!) but I'm going to have another go at it.

I see that Abdul hasn't updated the thread for a while, but I hope he comes back to it as his help and advice are very much appreciated.

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 08, 2012, 12:30 PM »
I see that Abdul hasn't updated the thread for a while, but I hope he comes back to it as his help and advice are very much appreciated.

Yes I agree with you naga. His enhanced gravy is the biz

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 09, 2012, 09:48 PM »
Well, tonight I made the enhanced gravy and pre-cooked the chicken the Abdul Mohed way and put the results into his Chicken Dhansak. It's a dish I've never ever tasted, so it was more than a bit of an experiment.

Superb! What more is there to say? I am delighted with the results and I'll definitely be trying out more of the recipes Abdul has posted here.

I thought I was condemned to making mediocre curries, but I think I've seen the light!

Thanks, Abdul!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 09, 2012, 10:57 PM »
Abdul's contribution to this site is without question.  Long may it continue. Both bases deliver excellent results.  His madras is a favourite of mine, and i don't do madras :o.  I do love the dynamite chicken dish.  And he helped me to brinjal bhaji heaven.  His peshwari naan filling is spot on.  Just waiting for his naan bread recipe now.

Online mickdabass

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 10, 2012, 07:42 AM »
  Just waiting for his naan bread recipe now.

;D

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 07, 2012, 09:10 AM »

I made the enhanced base some time ago just before I went to Zaal's at Fleet.  Consequently, it hasn't been used much as a batch of Zaal base was produced immediately after the trip.  This was then shortly followed up with the C2G base with the release of the e-book.  That's a lot of base :o.  Good job i have a large chest freezer ;D.  I'm still working my way through the C2G base at the mo, given i had a very disturbing experience the first couple of occasions that i used it but i have gotten over that now and am a  bit wiser for it.  That said, i decided to knock up a couple of curries using Abdul's enhanced base and the Zaal base.  I've got to say that Abdul's base with Chewytikka's madras recipe produced a top notch curry.  You can view it here.

http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=7563.msg75021;topicseen#msg75021

I really need to make both Abdul's and CT's madras and do a side by side comparison and throw in a TA madras as a yardstick, seeing as i don't normally eat madras.  From last nights efforts i think the TA madras will be given a good run for its money. Would be interested in any comments from madras experts on this little beauty.  The enhanced gravy will remain a stock item in my freezer along with one or two others.  Many thanks for this Abdul and everything else you have given us ;)

Offline Naga

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 07, 2012, 09:58 AM »
...Many thanks for this Abdul and everything else you have given us ;)

I couldn't agree more, CH. I have only limited experience of BIR-style cooking, but I must say that Abdul's enhanced base gravy and 8-Spice Mix are excellent.

I'll also be trying out CT's madras very soon, so it's encouraging to know that the base goes well the the dish.

Note to self: Must buy a bigger freezer! :)

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: October 17, 2012, 07:28 PM »
Hi Everyone,

Its good to see everyone is still exploring different ways of BIR styles of cooking. Sorry I have been too busy with work. Finally have had a chance to have a quick look and drop a message!

Soon I will try to post more recipes on here!

Once again it is good to see that the search is still on!  ;D ;D

Kindest Regards,

Abdul (BIR Chef)

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: October 17, 2012, 07:45 PM »
Hi Abdul,
I often ref back to you book :-)
The Saag Alloo is a winner for our family and friends.
But i dont add to much butter, if any.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 09:14 AM by Graeme »

Offline pete

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: October 17, 2012, 08:31 PM »
Good to see you back
I look forward to all your posts
Any news on the new book?

©2024 Curry Recipes