Author Topic: ?The BIR style wagon?  (Read 142719 times)

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ?The BIR style wagon?
« Reply #150 on: October 25, 2011, 09:55 AM »
Hi Abdul

Like everyone else, I have to express my undying thanks for sharing your recipes and techniques.  They reinforce on of my favourite messages - the simple things and ways are most often the best.

I've tried to go slowly through all the pages on this thread because a very simple question occurred to me.  I haven't seen the answer.......but there again I am old so I may have missed the information during a 'senior moment'!  And I don't want to end up making a mess of your recipe!!

Anyway, here's the question, and it relates to your Base Curry Sauce.  Is there really no need for further cooking after the initial 30 minutes (ish) to cook the vegetables and then blend the mixture?  I ask only because the Base recipes from Taz and Cory Ander, for example, seem to require a long time (1 hour plus) cooking/simmering.  Is this just because your recipe uses much less oil??

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: October 25, 2011, 10:23 AM »
Hi alarmist10

Appreciate your question is directed to Abdul and I am not trying to answer necessarily on his behalf - just giveing you what I know from experience of making Abduls base 3 times now.

Basically, large stock pot, everything chucked in and cold, give it a good stir. On hob, bring nearly to boil and turn down to get a good hot simmer going and start the time from this point for 30 minutes. Allow to cool sufficiently to blend and with the standard quantity of ingredients everything is more than soft and ready to blend. Have found I needed to add extra water though at this stage. Always seems to come out a little too thick for me.

In my opinion, this is a top base coupled with Abduls 8 spice mix, really turning out some cracking curries and not looking to change base or spice mix anytime soon now I have found this, really suits the taste I am personally after.

Thanks Abdul - get book 2 out :)

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: October 25, 2011, 12:53 PM »
Hi Abdul

Thanks for making the effort to post your recipes here and answering people's questions. I find it hard to understand why people would accuse you of "money making" given that you advertise webcam lessons at a very modest price of

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: October 26, 2011, 10:43 AM »
hi solarsplace

Thanks very much for your response.  I'm happy to get a good answer from anywhere, but particularly from someone who has used the recipe!!!! 

It's also good to read your endorsement of Abdul's Base and 8 Spice mix as I will be making his base tomorrow and using it with either his Madras or Bhuna recipe......so thanks as well for the tips on putting it all together.  Much appreciated.
al.

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: October 26, 2011, 11:14 AM »
Hi Abdul

Forgot to mention in my post a short while ago that I'd like to add my vote to Natterjak's request for the Chicken Dhansak if you can!!
all the best
al.

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: October 27, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Hi Abdul,

Would like to say many thanks for taking the time to post these recipes.Will work my way through them and post results.They all look great!!

Matt

P.s. I have just ordered your book!! Can't wait!!

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: October 27, 2011, 10:18 PM »
Abdul, now have your base made and am looking forward to trying your recipes with it.  Will most definitely be doing dynamite chicken again and spicing it up just a little ;D.  However there is one recipe which eludes the forum and i am sure many would appreciate if you are able to post your version when you have the time - south Indian garlic chicken.  I have very few favourite dishes but this is one that is becoming a distant fond memory  :'( :'(.  Thanks for your continuing contribution to this site.  Members feedback confirm how much people are enjoying your posts and the BIR tasting food produced from them  :P

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: October 28, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Hello everyone, wish you all will have a nice weekend  :)

Thank you for your feedback and interest in the recipes. please continue trying them because with more practice, you will acheive the BIR standard.

I would like to especially thank Razor for the time and effort he has put into seperating the dishes and I hope that he will continue as I will continue posting BIR recipes.  ;D

Kindest Regards,

Abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 28, 2011, 02:00 PM »
Abdul
Could you please tell me how many servings your recipes produce, Thanks,

BTW Made your staff chicken recipe last week for the family, and it went down a treat, especially eating the chicken off the bone, never had such a mess at the table :D but all good fun, which is what food is all about

Cheers HS

Hi hotstuff09

The dishes are enough to serve 2 to 3 people.

I am happy that you have tried it and had a wonderful time  ;D, thank you once again  :)

Abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: October 28, 2011, 02:04 PM »
I dug out the abdulmohed recipies from this thread & pasted them into a word doc for making after ca stuff...6 green chillies in the base?...that could be a hot base right?

ELW

Hi ELW,

It depends on the type of green chilli you use. If they are normal green chillies then it will not be too hot. However there are some green chillies which are very hot for example the kenyan chilli. But it is up to you which you would like to use.  :)

Abdul

©2024 Curry Recipes