Author Topic: ?The BIR style wagon?  (Read 142695 times)

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: ?The BIR style wagon?
« Reply #210 on: December 27, 2011, 08:55 PM »
Abdul,
 A question if I may please, You use Rajah Garam Masala yes, Do you add anymore spices to the Rajah Garam Masala mix, or do you use it as it comes in the bag?, if so What, Just curious to know. and do you or any of your fellow chef's ever use Jalpur Garam Masala?

Les

Hi Hotstuff09,

No I do not add anymore spices to the Rajah brand because I have tried with a few different brands but have found Rajah the best.

No I have not used Jalpur Garam Masala, I will ask around once I have some time to.

Abdul

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: December 27, 2011, 09:19 PM »
Hi Hotstuff09,

No I do not add anymore spices to the Rajah brand because I have tried with a few different brands but have found Rajah the best.

No I have not used Jalpur Garam Masala, I will ask around once I have some time to.

Abdul

Thank's Abdul,
Also could you thank Chef  Jolil For the staff curry recipe, Made it for 4 of us earlier on tonight, (Fed up with the old Turkey already) It so easy and no base to worry about, and thank's to you also for posting the recipe,
I don't have a digital camara, so no pic's I'm afraid
HS

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: December 27, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Hi George and ELW,

Thank you for your comments; I would like to clarify, there is more than one type of gravy in the BIR industry. There is no ?right? or ?wrong? gravy. They are basic or advanced. The reason I wrote the Basic Gravy in such a way is that I do not want to confuse anyone who has just started cooking BIR recipes for the first time and make it difficult for them. Thus I simplified the steps to allow the person to develop their skills and to be confident to then move onto and attempt another stage (Just as we do in life we learn the basics and then progress to the next stage).

The BIR industry is so large that I could not possibly have it all in one book (without having to hoist it with a crane :-\) and that is why I started with Volume I.  Everyone needs practice to achieve that standard of BIR they wish to achieve even through the many years of searching some still cannot find it.

I hope you understand the reason why I broke down the steps.

The Gravy and dishes are real, the more you practice, you will eventually taste the difference.

I had only joined 6 months ago,

The gravy is a real recipe, the enhanced gravy is an additional aspect which my team have sent to my customers if they wish to try.

The gravy which I use at my workplace is purely based on my customers preference, at home I use exactly the same gravy in my book and if I feel like using the enhance recipe, then I do so. I have not had any problems with the result as I do invite many guests to taste the recipes I cook with the basic or enhanced gravy.

I voluntarily joined cr0, to share my knowledge as I had mentioned at the beginning, who enjoy BIR recipes. My book is real, I am real and everyone who has purchased my book I guarantee you if they follow my steps they will achieve that BIR taste they are looking for. Sorry your figures do not add up, I am not here to add up your figures, I was here to genuinely help people who would like to achieve that BIR taste and add their personal touches to it. I had a few good plans for new year but it seems like it may not be possible to as this is not the first time my help has been questioned in more than a negative way.
Good Luck searching for the BIR taste.

Abdul

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: December 27, 2011, 10:09 PM »
He emailed a gravy enhancement to those who bought his book. This was made in addition to the basic gravy. Is this what he means by advanced gravy?

I bought his book a couple of months ago and I've had no email with any additional info whatsoever. Hence my confusion when people in this thread started discussing an advanced gravy. perhaps I was supposed to email him to request the additions but it's a bit chicken and egg isn't it - not knowing this extra info was "out there" I didn't know to ask for it.

Hi Natterjak,

No you do not have to ask, you should have received the email weeks ago in fact. I will send an enquiry to my admin team. If you can PM me your full name they can track down your email swiftly. Apologies Natterjak!  :(

Abdul

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: December 27, 2011, 10:33 PM »
Hi Abdul,

I bought your book and I did receive the email. I've just finished up the last of your less advanced base. I chose to cook it as I was in a hurry and if I remember correctly it doesn't contain garlic or ginger, so I figured it would be less time chopping and peeling. I was able to cook pretty fine tasting curries using your base, there is nothing wrong with it at all.

I would say there are many more people here at cr0 who really apprectiate your involvement than there are critical or negative ones but it probably doesn't feel like that when you are on the receiving end of it

If you don't like what somebody posts and it's not a valid question you can always save your time and ignore them.

Anyway, I really appreciate your input at cr0 and hope you will still be here in 2012.

Paul  :)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: December 27, 2011, 10:39 PM »
Anyway, I really appreciate your input at cr0 and hope you will still be here in 2012.

Paul  :)

I second that, I'v learned a lot from your recipes Abdul, So please keep on posting.

Happy Cooking and a Happy New Year to you and your's

HS

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: December 27, 2011, 10:45 PM »
Thank you for your comments; I would like to clarify, there is more than one type of gravy in the BIR industry. There is no ?right? or ?wrong? gravy. They are basic or advanced. The reason I wrote the Basic Gravy in such a way is that I do not want to confuse anyone who has just started cooking BIR recipes for the first time and make it difficult for them. Thus I simplified the steps to allow the person to develop their skills and to be confident to then move onto and attempt another stage (Just as we do in life we learn the basics and then progress to the next stage).

The BIR industry is so large that I could not possibly have it all in one book (without having to hoist it with a crane ) and that is why I started with Volume I.  Everyone needs practice to achieve that standard of BIR they wish to achieve even through the many years of searching some still cannot find it.

Hi Abdul, thanks for clearing that up, I wasn't sure what you meant by that. what we type & what we mean can look like 2 different things sometimes...ignore negativity from me or anyone else, lots of people here are keen to hear your thoughts. Anything perceived as negative from me will usually have a question attached. thats how i learn
 ifindforu & Julian from c2Go (take a look at what the established forum members said about him if you have time ) have taken some criticism by members on here for trying to help too. :) Like i said earlier in the post, i was all set for having a go at your recipies. 

ELW
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 12:14 AM by ELW »

Offline artistpaul

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: December 27, 2011, 10:52 PM »
Abdul, I really appreciate your input at cr0 and hope you will still be here in the new year

Paul

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: December 27, 2011, 11:12 PM »
Abdul, just to add what others have said, there are more positives than negatives about the forum and hope you keep on logging in and contributing to the posts.

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: December 27, 2011, 11:48 PM »
Abdul, please stick around  ;)
I have you book, many thanks.

©2024 Curry Recipes