Author Topic: My Base (Revised!)  (Read 4866 times)

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
Re: My Base (Revised!)
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 02:19 PM »
Yeah. 2 to 3 lbs of onions, and I end up with about 1.5 ltrs. I put 2 ladles in each tub, and that leaves me with about 5 tubs- enough for 10 portions.

Matt

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 04:48 PM »
This looks the same as currykits.co.uk links, you posted back in June.
Is this post to show that you've tried it and you think it's a good recipe?
cheers Chewy

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 12:20 PM »
Yes mate, thats the one.As with most recipes I have fiddled with it a bit, but essentially used this as a starting point.(the video has been edited as it didnt have any currykits link to it when I first watched it years ago)

I would urge you to give it a go, along with the Korma recipe, and let me know what you think, and would be interested to hear any critisism on it, as I feel it is exactly like a BIR korma, which is essentially what we are trying to emulate here.

I have taken photos of my making the Korma, and was going to post them in the appropriate thread.Should I bother?

I am about to try your 3 hr base as it has so many rave reviews.

Regards

Matt

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 01:46 PM »
Yes mate, thats the one.As with most recipes I have fiddled with it a bit, but essentially used this as a starting point.(the video has been edited as it didnt have any currykits link to it when I first watched it years ago)

I would urge you to give it a go, along with the Korma recipe, and let me know what you think, and would be interested to hear any critisism on it, as I feel it is exactly like a BIR korma, which is essentially what we are trying to emulate here.

I have taken photos of my making the Korma, and was going to post them in the appropriate thread.Should I bother?

I am about to try your 3 hr base as it has so many rave reviews.

Regards

Matt
Hi Matt
I too, remember this vid, on the tube a few years ago and thought it was a very simple (onion only) base. A good starting point for people.
I  rarely make a Korma and when I do, it's a chilli hot one. (more like Thai cooking)
I definitely think you should post all your efforts and your photos would be great. ;)

Tip: If you push your base through a sieve and use coconut flour, your Korma
will be silky smooth.
cheers Chewy

©2024 Curry Recipes