Author Topic: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!  (Read 34420 times)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
CR0 BBQ This Saturday!
« on: August 01, 2011, 11:42 AM »
Hi all,

Great to see so many have signed up for the BBQ on Saturday. It seems to have come around quite quickly now! There is still plenty of room for more, it's a massive park so space wont be an issue. The long term forecast is looking good too so fingers crossed!

For those who haven't signed up yet, the plan is to meet at Frimley Lodge Park on Saturday at around 11:30am. If everyone brings along their best curry based dishes we can cook / heat them up there and sample everyone's handy-work. I'm planning on taking some chicken tikka and Roshney Sauce to heat up along with beers / soft drinks and crisps e.t.c. I'll take a big container full of ice to keep the drinks cool, plus a cool box for the meats. I'm sure there will end up being way too much food but that can only be a good thing - I assume we all have healthy appetites!

If you want to come post a reply to this thread or drop me an IM. It's very much a family friendly day so bring wives and kids if you like. I'll take footballs and bats and balls e.t.c. to keep the kids busy, plus there is a big playground there and possibly a miniature train you can pay 50p to have a ride on.

I'm still hoping Nipoori Man will get a Nipoori to us in time to test and play with, plus I'm expecting Az from Chutneys to be there to sample our food and give advice as well as bringing a few samples of his own.

Does anyone have a gas ring they can bring? If not I might be able to get hold of one but we are running out of time a bit.

The postcode for Sat-Navs is GU16 6NS, there is lots of info about it here - http://www.surreyheath.gov.uk/leisure/parksandrecreationareas/frimleylodgepark.htm

See you all there, it should be a cracking day!

Chris

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 01:19 PM »
Hi

With regard to a burner - I could bring one of these:

Or one of these:

Although, the second is an 8Kw beast - it is rather difficult to cook on due to the huge spacing between the supports.

Will need to be a little frugal with the gas as it is needed for a camping trip later this month.

What do we think will be best? probably the top option?

Will try to bring a load of cooked Saag Aloo, a load of raw Razors kebab mix to cook (hopefully someone can show me how to make it into a kebab that does not fall off the skewer ;) ), beers etc.

I assume we should all bring disposable plates and knives / forks etc?

CHeers

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 02:41 PM »
Plates and cutlery sound like a good idea, I hadn't given that any thought  ::)

I'll probably take a few packs of wraps or pitta breads to make the food a bit easier to eat. I wonder if you can heat up onion bhajis on a BBQ?

I think the top burner will suffice. The bottom one is a beaut but will really cane the gas. I think most people will make the sauces at home and just need to heat them up there.

If anyone fancies bringing a massive batch of Pilau rice that would be great. We could either try and heat it up, or just have it chilled. I'm sure the sauces will heat it up just fine.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 04:22 PM »
I'm really going to try and get there, but won't know till later on this week :) but if I do, I will bring some Garlic Chili Chicken for people to try :)

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 04:28 PM »
Sounds great, how spicy do you make it?

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 05:05 PM »
Oh..... It's hot!!! :)

I use dried habenaro chilies which I then re-hydrate in hot water for around 15 minutes :), I can make it milder if people prefer.....

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 09:01 PM »
I never signed up to this but i really hope
you all have a great day  :)

« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 09:20 PM by Graeme »

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 09:40 PM »
You don't need to have signed up - if anyone wants to come then come along. The more the merrier.

976 - I hope you can make it, that sounds goooood!

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 10:12 PM »
Argh, this has snuck up on me : I though it was still several weeks away :-(  As it is this Saturday, I have to be honest and say I am unlikely to be able to make it; there is just too much going on at the moment for me to be able to carry out the necessary preparations (like cooking !) in time.  If somehow a miracle occurs and I do find time to make something, then I will obviously do my very best to attend, but at the moment the likelihood is not very great.  Sorry.

** Phil.

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2011, 11:38 PM »
Have a great day guys!

©2024 Curry Recipes