Author Topic: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!  (Read 34416 times)

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2011, 07:18 PM »
As Solar said - there will already be way too much food so don't fret about bringing stuff, especially if you have a long drive.

I confess this is a very attractive idea, but with one major shortcoming : if I were to turn up, having prepared nothing, and then proceed to scoff everyone else's food, I would feel unbelievably mean and greedy.  So here is an idea, for Chris to accept or reject as he wishes : how about a voluntary donation (say GBP 10-00) from those who turn up with nothing, which can then be used to defray the expenses of all those who have gone to the trouble of buying and preparing something ?  I would be more than happy to toss in my GBP 10-00 in these circumstances.

** Phil.

Phil

A suggestion from the heart indeed  :)

I cannot comment for everyone - obviously, but perhaps a safer idea - just in case there is not enough grub, why not just purchase a small quantity of reasonable quality bangers or similar BBQ grub from a butchers on route. No need to go mad.

I know its a CR0 (curry inspired) BBQ - but seriously - who can turn down a BBQ banger? or use you imagination. No need to spend loads... I'm bringing I hope far more than my lot needs, but just in case - I hate to see people disappointed that's all :)

Looking forward to meeting everyone :)

Cheers

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2011, 07:30 PM »
Should be a good get together  :)

« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 10:42 PM by Graeme »

Offline chriswg

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2011, 08:09 AM »
Hi Phil

Why don't you bring a selection of crisps, dips and bottles of soft drinks. They are just as important to have but don't take any preparation. We'll all tuck into those and you won't have to feel guilty about helping us get through the vast amount of meat and sauces we'll be bringing :)

The weather forecast is looking dry for the day!

Chris

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2011, 04:05 PM »
Phil,

Stop being sooooooo lazy and get in that Kitchen, put your products where your mouth normally is!!!! lol  ;D

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2011, 04:11 PM »
Phil,

Stop being sooooooo lazy and get in that Kitchen, put your products where your mouth normally is!!!! lol  ;D
It's a fair cop, Guv.  Put on the derbies and I'll go quietly.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2011, 04:13 PM »
I was only playing with you Phil, actually some other goodies would probably go down well too!!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday :)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2011, 04:23 PM »
I was only playing with you Phil, actually some other goodies would probably go down well too!!

Look forward to seeing everyone on Saturday :)
And me :)  Actually, I do have a few ideas in mind; I will see what I can manage by Friday afternoon, because after that I will have no time at all.

** Phil.

Offline mr.mojorisin

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2011, 07:29 PM »
sounds a great day out people.
wish it was nearer Glasgow
looking forward to reading about it all

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2011, 09:48 PM »
Hi,

I would love to come to this weekend bbq as it would have given me a chance to meet many of our members in person and share and taste many different dishes. However I will not be able to make it but I wish everyone to have a great time and share some of the pictures, videos and comments of the day with us all. I look forward to reading and watching them  :)

Abdul

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2011, 11:02 PM »
share some of the pictures, videos and comments of the day with us all.

I certainly don't want to be a stick in the mud but is Chris' comment still valid with everyone?

i.e. "...on the subject of photos, especially if we are taking partners and kids. Anyone that wants to be in a group 'men round the BBQ' shot for the website is welcome, but otherwise, lets just have a great day without anyone worrying about lots of photos."

More people should be going if they want to meet and greet. This really does seem like too good an opportunity to miss. I'm amazed that only half a dozen members (approx) are registered as attending. That's out of a supposed 11000 members and a good few dozen who frequent the forum.

©2024 Curry Recipes