Author Topic: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!  (Read 34413 times)

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CR0 BBQ This Saturday!
« Reply #110 on: August 09, 2011, 09:41 AM »
Hi Chris,

That sounds like an excellent idea, maybe towards Xmas :)

I'd like AZ's number if possible please :)

Offline Secret Santa

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 09, 2011, 06:12 PM »
Az - Vindaloo - No vinegar, no lemon. Nothing. Just lots of chilli powder. In fact probably a generous 1/2 chef spoon of chilli powder. It is all in the frying of the chilli powder technique.

At last. A chef who knows how to cook a proper Vindaloo!  ;D

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47 PM »

Good to meet you Az, natterjak & 976bar :)
;)

Also some of my own garlic chilli & vindaloo sauces. Which people seemed to like. Although it turns out that my vindaloo is actually a spot on madras rather than a vindaloo in other peoples opinions  :'(

If it's any help, I thought your vindaloo was somewhere between a madras and vindaloo in heat and in flavour was great.  Whether a vindaloo should have lemon added - I'll leave that to others!

He personally avoids Rajah spices due to excessive cost. Favouring TRS & East End as equally high quality but better value for money.

To expand on this I think Az mentioned that it was also due to Rajah not selling in large catering sized packs.

Anyway, goes to show, that there were no issues - as expected, no violations of privacy or confrontation - just a civilised and very enjoyable afternoon. Hopefully we can do this again with more members attending next time :)

Everyone was good as gold.  Didn't expect anything else of course but yourself, Chris, 976Bar, Az and all the various wives, partners, friends and kids were great company and I'm very happy I made the effort to attend.  The only mystery was why the takeup wasn't greater.

Offline benmitchell88

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 01, 2012, 12:39 AM »
Shame I missed out on this would have loved to have came! Hope one is going to be arranged for 2013 :-)

©2024 Curry Recipes