Author Topic: Cory Ander or Chewy Tikkas base. The Test!!  (Read 8951 times)

Offline Stephen Lindsay

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Cory Ander or Chewy Tikkas base. The Test!!
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2011, 12:30 AM »
Great post Matt and good to see a Korma getting some airplay as it is a much maligned curry. By the way your rice looks excellent too.

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2011, 12:23 PM »
So following the test do you think that the use of whole onions and the longer cooking time in the CT base produced a better 'sweeter' tasting sauce then the CA base or not.

This is a question we all want to hear the answer to  ;D. And in your opinion?  ::).
Great job though Matt.  You pitched two of the most acclaimed bases on the site against one another.  It would be very interesting for you to make a dish like Razor's jalfrezi or his Rogan josh with each base to see if one or the other edges in to the lead :o
Love the apron too.  Looking at the cooker and the tiles you needed to wear it :D.  Well done mate and thanks to the base creators for sharing their knowledge and recipes here and for their continued and much appreciated regular contributions.  I will be carrying out a similar experiement with 4 bases in the running at the moment as soon as i have the time.

Great post. Keep up the good work.

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2011, 08:36 AM »
No probs curryhell.you are right about the cooker etc! When simmering these bad boys do bubble and splatter a tad. Will put a lid on slightly ajar next time.
I made ca's jalfrezi since this and it was truly amazing.
Am away on hols at the mo but will do another comparison on my return.
Another reason for the state of the cooker is probably one ingredient I never mention but Is always there when I do a ruby Murray , and that's the bottle of wine!!
The method should read chop onions, take a sip, add cardamoms, take a sip etc!!lol
Have fin( by the way I'm cooking ca's jalfrezi and my korma recipe tonight for 9 people, and I'm CAMPING!! Should be fun

Offline Terramamba

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44 PM »
Great post. Love the apron too! Would really like to see a Jalfrezi comparison - one of my favourites  ;D

Offline alarmist10

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2011, 09:46 AM »
Like everyone else on this thread, I'd certainly add a BIG 'Thank you' for doing the test.  I'm still dithering between trying CA's or CT's or Taz's base.  Best to go straight to action and try them out instead of putting it off!!

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2011, 04:07 PM »
My pleasure Alarmist.

I have yet to try Taz's base, but will do soon.To be honest ive found CA's base so good, its hard to change(Along with his main dish recipes-not had a bad one yet!)

I still feel my pilau rice recipe, and Korma recipe is outstanding.Would love to hear peoples verdict(with pics if poss!!)
Also my base recipe is one to try if pushed for time, the finished currys are great, with a lot less effort than any other posted on here imo.

Matt

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2011, 06:32 PM »

I still feel my pilau rice recipe, and Korma recipe is outstanding.Would love to hear peoples verdict(with pics if poss!!)

I'll make a deal with you.  You try mine and i'll try yours. I think mine takes some beating ;D.  I've some holiday to take shortly so i will give it a go.  Be even more interesting is someone else tried the two and gave us their verdict ::)

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2011, 02:18 PM »
Your on Curryhell,

Will give yours a go and post results(with pics)

Matt

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2011, 05:19 PM »
Your on Curryhell,

Will give yours a go and post results(with pics)

Matt

You're on.  I'll do it either Sun or Mon and post results.  I suppose the appropriate section will be in the side dish section.  "yours vs mine"   ;D

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 08:28 AM »
Ive done it!!

Results in the Pilau Rice section!!

MM

©2024 Curry Recipes