Author Topic: Thankyou!!!, just found my ultimate chicken korma!!!  (Read 8981 times)

Offline Zed666

• Chef
    • View Profile
Thankyou!!!, just found my ultimate chicken korma!!!
« on: August 07, 2011, 07:07 PM »
Hi, Im new to the site after bailing on another (subs based) forum, which I know some of you frequent.

After a little reading I decided to try Darths base sauce and made myself a quick korma..

I didnt follow a korma recipe, just threw about 2tbs ground almond, 3tbs sugar, 35g creamed coconut block and a good slug of single cream into the wok along with around 350ml base.

What can I say....it was the best korma I have ever had. My attempts before now have always left me a little dissapointed.

So thankyou to this site!!!....Im looking forward to trying some recipes soon :).

Z.

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: Thankyou!!!, just found my ultimate chicken korma!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 08:49 PM »
Hi Z.
Welcome to CR0, loads of fun here. ;D

I didnt follow a korma recipe, just threw about 2tbs ground almond, 3tbs sugar, 35g creamed coconut block and a good slug of single cream into the wok along with around 350ml base.
That reads like a BIR/TA Korma recipe to me ;)   Try an old school version, swop the cream for Carnation Milk   :o
cheers Chewy

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 11:34 PM »
Congratulations on finding your ultimate korma and welcome to the site Z ;).  Just think of all the other dishes you will now have access to within this forum.  You can now look forward to some more amazing discoveries  ;D.  Enjoy all CRO has to offer Z.

Offline Zed666

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2011, 01:10 PM »
Thanks guys,

As I say, Ive been on the other forum i mentioned around a year and a half and learnt a lot from it (Not sure I can mention its name on here?), but recently my subs ran out and the site has become a little stale so decided not to renew my subs.

I found this FREE site and found it just as good, if not better than the last.....I really like the grou9 tests area where you score the dishes/sides....I will be making the winning onion bhajis very soon :).

Im not sure why this korma tastes better than my earlier tries.....maybe its down to darths base I was using. Darths base is much easier to make than earlier ones ive tried that are more tomatoe based.

Looking forward to trying some 'real' currys with it

Z.

Offline kbmason79

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2012, 07:02 PM »
Hi,

I love korma as well and cook it the same way as you, the only difference being I use coconut flour/powder instead of creamed or block coconut!! By doing this you really will have the ultimate korma.

Offline GeorgeC

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2012, 03:37 PM »
Hi Z.

That reads like a BIR/TA Korma recipe to me ;)   Try an old school version, swop the cream for Carnation Milk   :o
cheers Chewy

That is such an amazing idea! Do you use sweetened or just regular?

Offline emin-j

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2012, 08:41 PM »
Hi Z.

cheers Chewy

That is such an amazing idea!
Do you use sweetened or just regular?

Carnation condensed milk is already sweetened or you can use evaporated milk but you would need to add sugar  ;)

©2024 Curry Recipes