Author Topic: Welcome Back  (Read 10367 times)

Offline jb

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome Back
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 06:11 PM »
Been trying to log on since yesterday....blimey I thought that's it the site's gone!!!!!

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 06:21 PM »
Welcome back cr0, thought I had been evicted for a while there ;D
Panicking as one does when CR0 goes off the air, I realised that most of us have no way of re-establishing contact with each other in the event of CR0 disappearing for ever.  Would there be any interest in exchanging e-mail addresses via PM ?

** Phil.

Completely agree - felt the same thing. A contact email for Stew wouldn't go amiss as well. I tried  a 'whois'  lookup, but registrant details are hidden. Happy to exchange emails.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 06:34 PM »
Panicking as one does when CR0 goes off the air, I realised that most of us have no way of re-establishing contact with each other in the event of CR0 disappearing for ever.  Would there be any interest in exchanging e-mail addresses via PM ?

** Phil.

Completely agree - felt the same thing. A contact email for Stew wouldn't go amiss as well. I tried  a 'whois'  lookup, but registrant details are hidden. Happy to exchange emails.

Hi Ramirez,

I totally agree. I have kinda sent Stew a message on this thread asking him what went wrong as I don't really know how to contact him otherwise. If it's a case of funding then i suggested that we all make a small contribution which would more than keep this site going.... If it was a technical hitch then ok, but it does beg the question and god forbid, what if something ever happened to Stew? All this hard work by so many over the years would be lost.......

On another note, Phil, I also totally agree with you about distributing an e-mail list of those who regularly post to this forum so if/should this website ever collapse through one reason or another, hopefully we as a team would be able to resurrect it to some degree.

Let me know what you all think on this please....

Offline Ramirez

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 06:48 PM »
If it was a technical hitch then ok, but it does beg the question and god forbid, what if something ever happened to Stew? All this hard work by so many over the years would be lost.......

On another note, Phil, I also totally agree with you about distributing an e-mail list of those who regularly post to this forum so if/should this website ever collapse through one reason or another, hopefully we as a team would be able to resurrect it to some degree.

Let me know what you all think on this please....

That is a worrying thought and one I have had also. To lose all of this would be awful. To some extent, amongst other things, it comes back to the lack of a moderation team, I think. People that can escalate things when something goes wrong.

Let's see what Stew says. I think quite a few would be happy to chip in if money is an issue.

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 06:49 PM »

** Phil.

Great idea!! I absolutely agree.Lets get it up and running fast as the site seems unstable to say the least at the minute!!

MM

Offline madmatt

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 06:55 PM »
Let's see what Stew says. I think quite a few would be happy to chip in if money is an issue.

I agree, if there is a cost involved im sure a few quid each for a years membership would more than cover any costs, and there would be enough of us that would be happy to pay.Lets face it peeps, the info gained from this site is fantastic, and worth a few squids.

Also, a team should be set up.I didnt realise it was all one mans work.Well done Stew, but lets get a few involved.(I would be happy to help where needed)

Matt

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 07:20 PM »
Phew ;D

I have just realised how much i have took this site for granted. Shame on me.

We really do need to do an e-mail swap, even just for the simple reason that we all share the same passion for BIR food.

Great to have you back CRO, I for one will never take you for granted again :-*

Alan ;D ;D ;D

Offline parker21

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 07:30 PM »
hi guys something like this happened in the early days so another link was set up to carry on the chatting, i didn't get involved in that as i was relatively new so had more than enough printouts to keep me going.

i am happy to exchange e-mail addresses. maybe there is another way?

regards
gary

Offline gazman1976

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 08:31 PM »
@ Phil , I think everyone should be involved who wishes to be , the more people the more knowledge , this website is not a secret club , it's a wonderful forum with lots of fantastic information , so who ever wants to swap email addresses should be welcomed Into doing so

Not meaning to have a go btw

Garry

Offline Graeme

• Spice Master Chef
  • CONTRIBUTING MEMBER
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 09:22 PM »
Facebook page (group) for active peeps ?

Could be worth consideration as a second meeting place,
we may need to think about this a little to work out the finer details.

active members only etc any thoughts on this ?

Umm our cover would be blown for starters ! this would only be for the brave :-)

I think the email idea is a must.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 09:37 PM by Graeme »

©2024 Curry Recipes