Author Topic: My 1st post  (Read 6677 times)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: My 1st post
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2005, 12:45 AM »
George, who posts here, claims to have made a passable restaurant style korma with standard base sauce though. I'd refer you to the thread but I can't find it!

YF

Thank you for recalling my enthusiasm for the korma I made a few months back. My comments can be found at:
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=312.0

Regards
George

Offline d14ryl

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2005, 05:33 PM »
ah-ha. generally two seperate bases. make more sense to me now. thanks to all for clearing that up for me. yeah i thought most of the base would have evaporated but i suppose the only way i'll find out is to get that blender blending and get cooking. have to visit asian grocers to obtain methi as i notice a lot of recpies use it on here. i have just checked the menu from the restaurant i got curry from and they charge extra for your methi to be chopped  ;D i will be popping up in the forums shortly. c ya

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2005, 08:03 PM »
Personaly I think methi is to strong a flavour and I only use it in a dhansak or a bhuna, to me it doesn't belong in a vindaloo or madras.? I? can't belive they charge you for chopping it as the methi I get just crumbles Ive never bought "fresh" methi? ???

PS:  That curry looks the nuts  8)

Offline d14ryl

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2005, 07:45 PM »
lol......was kidding with regards to paying for it to get chopped. my sense of humour i'm afraid. think i will be placing a review of the restaurant where i got it from shortly in reviews section.

©2024 Curry Recipes