Author Topic: CA's chicken ceylon with chicken tikka  (Read 7318 times)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
CA's chicken ceylon with chicken tikka
« on: October 12, 2011, 09:44 PM »
Had this for tea tonight.  Nice tasty medium curry, a hint of  sweetness with only a slight sour note from the lemon juice.  A coconut background flavour but certainly not over-powering like some coconut dishes can be.  For madras eaters who like coconut, one to try.  You won't be disappointed   ;D.  The colour of my dish has been darkened by the addition of the chicken tikka.

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: CA's chicken ceylon with chicken tikka
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 10:06 PM »
looks great! just going to start cooking the base for today 0400 am might have to have a curry for lunch and this may be it

best, Rich

Offline solarsplace

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2011, 09:26 AM »
Hi curryhell

Totally agree with loveitspicy - that looks great, want some right now @09:25.

Nice pictures.

Cheers

Online ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 08:54 PM »
that looks great curryhell...im going to make ca base & one of his recipies  tomorrow for the first time. How do they compare to bir in general?....I am new to this so have  only tried a few bases so far & noticed ca's has no coconut which as a base flavour is something i dont normally taste in my usual takeouts apart from say Ashoka, which has really strong garlic/ginger coconut flavours.

Off topic: can anyone confirm onions / peppers / mushrooms are sometimes pre cooked in something sugary (Jaggery? is this even used in bir?)I had lightly cooked onions & peppers  in a Jaipuri last week which had been clearly cooked in something very sweet prior to being added
Thanks in advance

ELW

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 08:48 AM »
CA you are a star!!!!! Love this dish - it tasted too sweet to start but after the first mouth full of succulent chicken a WINNER! I added some shredded  coconut and some to garnish and i used pre-cooked chicken only because i was making other curries

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2011, 09:07 AM »
to shred coconut one of these!

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2011, 12:17 PM »
Hi Guys,

Glad you liked the recipes....your curries in all your photos look awesome!  8)

Thanks for trying them and for reporting back (with your photos)...great stuff! 8)

Rich....interesting widget for making shredded coconut...I'll look out for one!  :P

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2011, 01:22 PM »
Looking at that coconut shredder, I think that you could make one from an old round pastry cutter :D
Shouldn't be to hard at all
So get your hacksaw's out ???
HS

Offline moonster

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2011, 03:55 PM »
great pics, Curryhell and loveitspicey. I have made this dish myself and it is very good.

nice touch with the shredded coconut as well.

Alan ;D

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2011, 10:30 AM »
CA you are a star!!!!!

Totally agree :D.  Bet you're glad you tried it Rich!  It's nice hear that the pics are appreciated which means they do the dish justice which it rightly deserves.  I love the fresh coconut garnish - class :P not to mention the tool used - not so classy but functional;D. Alan, it was after reading your post and seeing your pics on Mrs Mooneys birthday dinner that i  decided ceylon was the next one to try.  So you're partly responsible ;).  Does that mean you're going to give it a go solarsplace?  You too will not be disappointed.  Your bombay aloo will go very nicely with it :P.

©2024 Curry Recipes