Author Topic: Chalis Hot & Mild Curry Oils  (Read 21289 times)

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Chalis Hot & Mild Curry Oils
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2011, 01:56 PM »
Just stocked up on one each of these oils to give them a go. Fortunately I work next to an asda megastore so they were in stock. Also bought some mustard oil whilst there to give curry2go's chicken marinade a whirl :P

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 02:36 PM »
Quote from: Phil (Chaa006) link=topic=6154.msg64877#msg64877 date
But this (from the same page) really blew my mind :
Quote from: Asda
(

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 02:37 PM »
Just let you know, the chalice spiced oils are on offer at Asda right now, 2 for

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 02:52 PM »
Just stocked up on one each of these oils to give them a go. Fortunately I work next to an asda megastore so they were in stock. Also bought some mustard oil whilst there to give curry2go's chicken marinade a whirl :P

Is this the one you bought whandsy?

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=Mustard+oil&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=31222

It's in the hair and beauty section and labelled hair oil, but it's the only mustard oil I can find on the Asda site. Do you think. It would be safe to consume?

Offline natterjak

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 02:59 PM »
I know this thread is about chalice oil,  not Asda, so please forgive me for posting all these Asda links but I just laughed out loud when I saw this product page for a sack of 4kg onions. Check out the "we think you will also like" link below it...! Must be a lot of wannabe BIR chefs buying their onions at Asda!

http://groceries.asda.com/asda-estore/search/searchcontainer.jsp?trailSize=1&searchString=Onions&domainName=Products&headerVersion=v1&_requestid=31833

Edit: Link doesn't work quite right - it fails to take you to the page I was talking about, you need to click on Asda Smart Onions 4kg at
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:08 PM by natterjak »

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 03:03 PM »
Hi Natterjak
The bottle I bought was by KTC and is labelled as pure mustard oil and was in the world food / ethnic section of the Aisle next to all the Indian spices (KTC do the creamed coconut block as well). It doesn't appear to be on the ASDA website and to be honest I wouldn't advise giving any other oil a try if it's not from the food section.

Wayne

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 03:07 PM »
know this thread is about chalice oil,  not Asda, so please forgive me for posting all these Asda links but I just laughed out loud when I saw this product page for a sack of 4kg onions. Check out the "we think you will also like" link below it...! Must be a lot of wannabe BIR chefs buying their onions at Asda!

I think it's funny cos thats the last bag of onions that I bought at asda for ?1.67 haha. ;D ;D ;D

Online curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 06, 2011, 05:03 PM »
This stuff is more elusive than the curry secret itself >:( >:( >:( >:(.  I am now waiting for Asda to contact me with details of a store near me that sells the bloody stuff.

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 06, 2011, 07:19 PM »

Offline 976bar

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 06, 2011, 07:21 PM »
Just let you know, the chalice spiced oils are on offer at Asda right now, 2 for

©2024 Curry Recipes