Author Topic: Kushi Balti Book  (Read 2635 times)

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Kushi Balti Book
« on: November 21, 2005, 06:43 AM »
Hi All,

Reading one or two posts it seems the Kushi Balti Book is due for release today and with a bit of luck those of us who have shelled out the money in advance should soon be recieving it!!!

I don't want to be too cynical but if I get my copy this week I will show my bum in Sainsbury's!

But joking aside will anyone who gets one on the mat this week (or whenever) post the fact to us all so we at least know it is finished and on it's way.

Regards

Ray

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Kushi Balti Book
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 10:15 AM »
I don't want to be too cynical but if I get my copy this week I will show my bum in Sainsbury's!

Hi Ray

I dare say we'll soon see you arsing about at the rear of the Sainsbury's queue then, probably behind some angry customers and their piles of groceries. Try not to make too much of an ass of yourself though, and don't let those cheeky checkout girls put you off. It's tough at the bottom, butt if you try hard enough I'm sure you'll crack it.

Offline DeeDee

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 04:43 PM »
I'm not sure Ray deserves to be the butt of so many arse-jokes does he? 

;D

PS. Don't get mad Ray ... just turn the other cheek.

Offline John

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2005, 08:07 AM »
Hi All,

Reading one or two posts it seems the Kushi Balti Book is due for release today and with a bit of luck those of us who have shelled out the money in advance should soon be recieving it!!!

But joking aside will anyone who gets one on the mat this week (or whenever) post the fact to us all so we at least know it is finished and on it's way.

Regards

Ray
I've got mine

It arrived in post this morning, it looks a very good and cant wait to test it out.

Ray, Looks like your gona have to show your bum in sainsburys, If i were you then take the book with you so you can read through it in the cells.

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2005, 03:34 PM »

Right then.......I deserved all that didn't I?

Well, seeing as it's full moon and Uranus is rising it's time to drop my trolley's up the aisle.

Hope I don't bum-p into security cos they will soon roll up and hear my tissue of lies and wipe the smile off my face.
I hope they turn the other cheek and don't booty me out of the store! It will be Charmin if they do!

Butt, then again they might see the funny side, not split hairs, dump the charges and kindly arske me to leave!!!

Ray

Offline blade1212

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2005, 05:58 PM »
Hurray, the book arrived at last.

My wife is pleased :)

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2005, 09:29 PM »
From my initial scan through this looks like a good book, I don't think it will add too much new to our research but then again we are at the extreme end of curryphiles  ;D

Having said that interesting to see a spice mix with methi leaves, ginger and garlic powder so who knows.

The base/meat base idea has already been covered by the 100 balti's book and by the balti videos (thanks again Ray)

To my mind it is worth the money alone simply to read other ideas on the dishes/base etc from a competant source, I would be glad to see a book like this come out every month, a good read indeed!

©2024 Curry Recipes