Author Topic: Staff curry from start by Ifindforu  (Read 79651 times)

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Staff curry from start by Ifindforu
« Reply #60 on: November 29, 2011, 03:36 PM »
I have got some mixed powder from a takeaway and I have to say it is a lot milder and more fragrant that the mixes I have tried off this site. The only problem is I don't know whats in it.
Come on terry don't be shy share the knowledge!!

Wayne
You vanot buy the ingredients  unless you are comercial so no good telling you
Sorry mate load of rubbish the internet is a wonderful place to find elusive things such as 'secret' spices or things not for sale to the general public.You tell me what goes in your spice mix and I bet I could buy the ingredients over the internet in no time at all.

All we want is for you to finally give us some of those 'secrets' you claim to know from your time in your takeaway,not talk in riddles.
NOW this is no riddle but with your own mouth you said that the mixs from the take away is more fragrance
and the bengalis call it parfume smell meaning nice smellso there is somthing different,go and ask the person who give you it  he will tell you ive just posted paulp some ,by the way free of charge and he might give a good result of it you paid a cook so should have told you how to mix the powder . heres a tip for you different makers of jeera ect dont you agree its the spice with the good smell wait for paulp he will have somthing to tell you

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 29, 2011, 04:02 PM »
Ifindforu
It was jb who posted the comment about finding the spices on the internet not me. It is me though who has a small amount of takeaway spice mix. Regardless of this fact I do agree with his comments about getting them.
This does not detract from the fact though that this forum is all about sharing best practices and all it seems to me is that you're winding us all up by implying that the flavours we all have from our curries (albeit in a lot of cases excellent) are down to incorrect technique or poor spice blends etc.
If you're not prepared to disclose this information then what's the point in being part of this discussion.

"SH*T OR GET OFF THE POTTY" i think the phrase goes!

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 29, 2011, 04:10 PM »
Ifindforu
It was jb who posted the comment about finding the spices on the internet not me. It is me though who has a small amount of takeaway spice mix. Regardless of this fact I do agree with his comments about getting them.
This does not detract from the fact though that this forum is all about sharing best practices and all it seems to me is that you're winding us all up by implying that the flavours we all have from our curries (albeit in a lot of cases excellent) are down to incorrect technique or poor spice blends etc.
If you're not prepared to disclose this information then what's the point in being part of this discussion.

ill think ill s*** and get off the potty do not reply to my posts then ill have peace so now just f*** off

Offline JerryM

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 29, 2011, 04:18 PM »
ifindforu,

your offer seems to have attracted much interest.

of course i would love to try it out and will contact you with my address.

i have tried many mix powders and experimented quite a lot with them - i now use only parker21 mouchak (2 coriander, 1 cumin, 1 chilli pwdr, 4 turmeric, 6 curry power - i use rajah madras, 0.5 garam masala - i use east end) - this produces the closest to what my taste buds know as top notch BIR.

in short what i'm saying is i can't believe there is better to be had. as in life i'm happy to be proved wrong where there's learning to be had.

best wishes,

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 29, 2011, 04:24 PM »
Quote:-
ill think ill s*** and get off the potty do not reply to my posts then ill have peace so now just f*** off

Where are you George...... This is forum abuse ;D

HS

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 29, 2011, 04:30 PM »

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 29, 2011, 06:16 PM »

Well that's a new one on me lads. ;D ;D ;D  I will definitely be using that at the earliest opportunity.  It's amazing what you can learn from this site.

PaulP, for christ's sake get out in the kitchen with that bloody  spice mix and put us all out of our misery >:(.  Save a bit so we can get it analysed.   If it does produce the goods i'm sure we'd have a whip round to pay for the analysis ;)

Jerry, give him your address. Then you'll probably be able to tell us your results are no better for using it and it just tastes a little bit different but hasn't made any positive contribution to your curry cooking.

This whole thing is becoming very tiresome now and has extended over some weeks.  Obvioulsly some members patience is wearing very thin and this is beginning to show.  Too often people purport to have great knowledge and over time it emerges that it wasn't that great and probably not any better than that which was already known.  Yes, ifindforu, you've been on here, sporadically, for a long period of time.  You've contributed some good recipes, just as many other members have done.  Have you shared anything that has resulted in anybody saying.  YES, that's it.  BIR 100% guaranteed, ifindforu has cracked it for us and let us in on another BIR secret!!!  I think not.  If there is any more senior member who can correct me, then please do so by all means.

Or is it simply all hot air????  To suggest that the key is in the make of spices we buy is just trully beyond belief.  I initially went along with Rajah gold curry powder because i thought there may be some truth in it.  Now that has changed.  We need to purchase Eastern Star - Rajah is out), but TRS turmeric, East End coriander, MDH chilli powder, Natco cumin, etc.  Come on Terry at least acknowledge we have some intelligence please.

Just go back to providing good recipes and cut the crap about having the secret.  If you knew you would share it willingly, which is what most members are here to do - SHARE.  But in the absence of this piece of infinite wisdom which has failed miserably to manifest itself in one guise or another, I think the general concensus of opion is now that you don't possess this but would very much like to.  I'll try your spice mix as would any member on here and give you detailed feed back on the results.

Shit or bust time me old mate.  Put up or shut up.  Shape up or ship out.  Stop talking the talk and start walking th walk.  Or

S**t or get off the potty!!!!!

Offline ELW

• Spice Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 29, 2011, 06:45 PM »
Just go back to providing good recipes and cut the crap about having the secret

sound  advice there!
some bir's don't even use spice blends at all & still create the "secret taste" ...even in a Korma...so how does that work?
this thread nosedived rapidly!  :D

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 29, 2011, 06:46 PM »

Well that's a new one on me lads. ;D ;D ;D  I will definitely be using that at the earliest opportunity.  It's amazing what you can learn from this site.

PaulP, for christ's sake get out in the kitchen with that bloody  spice mix and put us all out of our misery >:(.  Save a bit so we can get it analysed.   If it does produce the goods i'm sure we'd have a whip round to pay for the analysis ;)

Jerry, give him your address. Then you'll probably be able to tell us your results are no better for using it and it just tastes a little bit different but hasn't made any positive contribution to your curry cooking.

This whole thing is becoming very tiresome now and has extended over some weeks.  Obvioulsly some members patience is wearing very thin and this is beginning to show.  Too often people purport to have great knowledge and over time it emerges that it wasn't that great and probably not any better than that which was already known.  Yes, ifindforu, you've been on here, sporadically, for a long period of time.  You've contributed some good recipes, just as many other members have done.  Have you shared anything that has resulted in anybody saying.  YES, that's it.  BIR 100% guaranteed, ifindforu has cracked it for us and let us in on another BIR secret!!!  I think not.  If there is any more senior member who can correct me, then please do so by all means.

Or is it simply all hot air????  To suggest that the key is in the make of spices we buy is just trully beyond belief.  I initially went along with Rajah gold curry powder because i thought there may be some truth in it.  Now that has changed.  We need to purchase Eastern Star - Rajah is out), but TRS turmeric, East End coriander, MDH chilli powder, Natco cumin, etc.  Come on Terry at least acknowledge we have some intelligence please.

Just go back to providing good recipes and cut the crap about having the secret.  If you knew you would share it willingly, which is what most members are here to do - SHARE.  But in the absence of this piece of infinite wisdom which has failed miserably to manifest itself in one guise or another, I think the general concensus of opion is now that you don't possess this but would very much like to.  I'll try your spice mix as would any member on here and give you detailed feed back on the results.

Shit or bust time me old mate.  Put up or shut up.  Shape up or ship out.  Stop talking the talk and start walking th walk.  Or

S**t or get off the potty!!!!!
i was going to send you some but i dont like your attitude so keep guessing

©2024 Curry Recipes