Author Topic: Staff curry from start by Ifindforu  (Read 79665 times)

Offline Cory Ander

• Genius Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Staff curry from start by Ifindforu
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2011, 10:55 AM »
Isn't it possible to change an agreement, promise or whatever, if it's by agreement with all the main parties?  I would still follow a policy of minimal moderation. I know it will be more controversial than sticking only to the deletion of pure spam. I'm pleased that hotstuff and ifindforu, at least, have indicated support. Do you really prefer to leave all the rude words and insults in place on this thread? Incidentally, I can never see the sense in closing a thread, on any forum, just because the topic is of too much interest; too successful almost.

I know it's totally off topic but, in my opinion, the question should be split into two parts:

1.  Does the forum need better moderation (and administration)?

Yes, definitely.  Not just for deleting spam, and not just for deleting or editing personal insults (or locking unproductive threads), but also in terms of mainting good housekeeping (i.e. ensuring that new threads are posted in the correct forum sections and that threads remain on topic) which is now a mess and getting worse by the day.

2.  Are you, George, appropriate for the role of a moderator?

No, definitely not.

I took some time to post what I consider to be the responsibilities and attributes of a moderator, which I still stand by, here:  http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5208.0

And you, George, should still stand by your PROMISE to only delete spam (and not look for a creep in responsibilities).

Admin should seek moderators who appropriately fulfill the role.  I can think of a few who I would heartily recommend..and you are not amongst them, I'm afraid.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 11:13 AM by Cory Ander »

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2011, 11:17 AM »
I agree with CA that George should only stick to removing spam.

If Admin (Stew) wants more moderation he should post a request for volunteers.

Paul

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2011, 11:47 AM »
I don't think that Admin is really interested, It appears that anything goes on here.
And no one seems to trust George with the task of full Mod duties, Don't know why,(and none of my business anyway). So things will just plod along in their own merry way as before, throwing insults at each other like we do.
So happy Day's

HS

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2011, 12:28 PM »
The things we put ourselves through in search of the perfect curry!! ;)

Online George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2011, 12:30 PM »
Are you, George, appropriate for the role of a moderator?
No, definitely not.
I took some time to post what I consider to be the responsibilities and attributes of a moderator...

Well, you would say that wouldn't you? I don't agree with your idea of wide-scope moderation - your 'job description'. I think it leads to conflict and disagreement, as I believe you found after moving posts around, spring cleaning or whatever. I suggest moving one step at a time, which is why I propose deleting only blatant insults (as one step forward from the deletion of pure spam), like if someone uses an 'F' followed by asterisks, or other insults. I wouldn't, however remove reasonably polite criticism, like your comments above about me, or my implied comments that you failed as a moderator, so you're unlikely to think I could do any better.

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2011, 12:35 PM »
The things we put ourselves through in search of the perfect curry!! ;)

But what is the "Perfect Curry". to me, It's the one best for me and my taste buds, and probably completely different to everyone else on this forum. You will never find one curry that will suite everyone ::) But do we really want too ;D

HS

Offline Whandsy

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2011, 12:41 PM »
But what is the "Perfect Curry". to me, It's the one best for me and my taste buds, and probably completely different to everyone else on this forum

Very true, We've all heard good and bad reports about the same restaurant / Take away. One man's meat another mans poison and all that. Just as we think we've cracked it, another recipe / gravy / spice mix crops up that makes us doubt ourselves and off we go again in search of greener grass. I quite enjoy watching Julian on youtube but his base sauce has blown me out of the water and now throwing me back into self doubt

DOH!!!

Offline Les

• View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2011, 12:44 PM »
But what is the "Perfect Curry". to me, It's the one best for me and my taste buds, and probably completely different to everyone else on this forum

Very true, We've all heard good and bad reports about the same restaurant / Take away. One man's meat another mans poison and all that. Just as we think we've cracked it, another recipe / gravy / spice mix crops up that makes us doubt ourselves and off we go again in search of greener grass. I quite enjoy watching Julian on youtube but his base sauce has blown me out of the water and now throwing me back into self doubt

DOH!!!

We live and learn my friend, That search for perfection never end's ;)

HS

Offline loveitspicy

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2011, 01:13 PM »
WOW!

Ive just read through several pages to get the jist of this - well there is more heat radiating on this thread than on most of the pans in kitchens!!!

It makes for interesting reading - im not really sure about all the insults that have been thrown around - but you know, on a forum its easier to insult someone you never see - as far as the extraordinary spice mixture is concerned and this is my two pennies worth - its bollocks!!!! not saying that the mixture aint any good it probably is ok - but if it was all down to a couple of spoonfuls of mixture the whole world would know - there are millions of cooks out there passing down their ingredient secrets which then get passed on - as far as selling the stuff to others so be it - if someone has an idea to make a couple of quid its up to an individual to buy or not to buy and all the sellers always hype up their product to make it sell - NOW heres the interesting bit of this thread - as someone suggested pass some on to CA or whoever that can rattle a pan or two and make a decent curry - let them try it - im sure it would be tried the same day it arrived then everyone could know the result and if it is the dogs doodies i'm sure there would be many a sale - makes good business sense!

best, Rich

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2011, 01:48 PM »
Hi Rich,

I might be the first one to receive the spice mix. As soon as I get it I'll cook a curry and report back to the forum.
I ate a madras last night that I cooked the previous night. It was really good even if I say so myself so I'm really looking forward to the test.

Cheers,

Paul

©2024 Curry Recipes