Author Topic: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed  (Read 44991 times)

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
Re: 8 Spice by Abdul Mohed
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2011, 09:40 AM »

I agree. This really doesn't look good. Anyone sending abusive PMs really is out of order. I hope you didn't reply.

ifindforu - perhaps you could make an extra effort to avoid making rude comments within regular forum threads, and especially in private messages.
ok george message understood but ill set an exaple and say sorry to hotstuff but still keep you beak out of other peoples  coments i will not reply no more to empty talk onlr bir talk good night
[/quote]

No George, I didn't reply,
But I see he has said the same thing in the post above, I thought the purpose of the forum was to make comments!
I think if this forum had a proper Admin this guy would have been gone a while back

HS

Offline ifindforu

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2011, 11:21 AM »

I agree. This really doesn't look good. Anyone sending abusive PMs really is out of order. I hope you didn't reply.

ifindforu - perhaps you could make an extra effort to avoid making rude comments within regular forum threads, and especially in private messages.
ok george message understood but ill set an exaple and say sorry to hotstuff but still keep you beak out of other peoples  coments i will not reply no more to empty talk onlr bir talk good night
TAKES 2 TO ARGUE

No George, I didn't reply,
But I see he has said the same thing in the post above, I thought the purpose of the forum was to make comments!
I think if this forum had a proper Admin this guy would have been gone a while back

HS
[/quote]

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2011, 12:59 PM »
OK, let's try another approach here. Many moderators/forums would lock a thread like this in order, I assume, to prevent any further arguments. The trouble is that it also locks any useful, further discussion about Abdul's spice mix.

So let me try a VIRTUAL LOCK on this thread. Everyone, please refrain from any more comment, WHATSOEVER by way of personal attacks and all the rest of it. But do continue posting with any 'normal' comments about the spice mix, which it was very good of Razor to separate out, to start this thread.

Offline abdulmohed2002

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 19, 2011, 02:11 PM »
Thank you all for your comments  :)

ifindforu - I would like to know why your boss laughed, what does he add into his spice mix? How many years has he been as a chef?
He is a bengali chef been one for ten years and says there is no tandoori powder in his mix I am not bengali and the mix i make is the same as his whith no tandoori powder I can only assume you are a pakistani or indian chef which is different cooking

Hi Ifindforu,

Thank you for your reply, I thought I will let you know abit more about myself. I am not pakistani; I come from Sylhet, Bangladesh. The person whom I had learned the mix powder from, is also bangladeshi and he has been in the trade for a very long time. So my mixture isn't from yesterday but has been in the BIR for years (25+). I have also trained many chefs who use this mix powder around the world. None of them had laughed so I am suprised as to why your chef had done so.

If he wishes to try my food then he is welcome to do so.

Abdul

Offline jimmy2x

• Head Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2011, 02:59 PM »
why such animosity towards ifindforu?

so what if he scoffed at the use of tandoori powder, people that work in any job allways compare and ridicule anyone else doing things diffrent. infact it is this very thing that improves the overall result in whatever you do.

lot of you on here look like your just itching for a argument

Offline Les

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2011, 03:39 PM »
so what if he scoffed at the use of tandoori powder,
I think "HE" is actually a "SHE"

HS

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 30, 2011, 04:46 PM »
Hi Jimmy,

why such animosity towards ifindforu?

so what if he scoffed at the use of tandoori powder, people that work in any job allways compare and ridicule anyone else doing things diffrent.

I think that the point here being is, if Abdul said that he used "custard powder" in his spice mix, then fair enough, he should expect a degree of ridicule but Tandoori masala is reasonably feasible in a spice mix and is used across BIR land.  Julian from curry2go has confirmed this in his videos.

of you on here look like your just itching for a argument

Maybe it does seem like that at times but I'm sure if these conversations were being conducted face to face, they would be less combative and aggressive.  Unfortunately, some people enjoy the safety of "givin it the big un" from behind their laptops, human nature I suppose?

Ray :)

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 30, 2011, 05:23 PM »
a lot of you on here look like you're just itching for a argument

Unfortunately there are one or two on here that just love to argue and offer their "expert" opinion, as they are above  the "monkey see monkey do" approach ;)

Maybe it does seem like that at times but I'm sure if these conversations were being conducted face to face, they would be less combative and aggressive.  Unfortunately, some people enjoy the safety of "givin it the big un" from behind their laptops, human nature I suppose?

Ray :)

Not sure about that Ray.  Put certain people together and i think there could be a blood bath :o ;D

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 30, 2011, 05:37 PM »
Unfortunately there are one or two on here that just love to argue and offer their "expert" opinion, as they are above  the "monkey see monkey do" approach ;)

But without any challenges, we wouldn't get to the bottom of some issues, would we? I guess it's an adversarial approach, like used by John Humphries (BBC Radio 4) Jermemy Paxman (BBC 2 Newsnight) or barristers in a court of law. Are you so afraid of causing offence that you're not prepared to say what you think, even if you think what someone else has suggested seems daft or plain wrong? I applaud Abdul for publishing his book (9 out of 10) but I have one or two concerns that it could have been improved with a bit of proof reading (e.g. spoon measure conventions) whilst avoiding the need for an enhanced base sauce addendum, when that enhanced recipe could have been included in the book. If you're going to publish a book, go on stage, become an MP or anything in the public eye' perhaps you need a thick skin. I sincerely hope Abdul hasn't been offended because he has far more strengths than weaknesses. I was also interested to hear ifindforu's view on the use of tandoor powder. He or she may well be right. Who knows?

Offline curryhell

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2011, 06:32 PM »

But without any challenges, we wouldn't get to the bottom of some issues, would we? I guess it's an adversarial approach, like used by John Humphries (BBC Radio 4) Jermemy Paxman (BBC 2 Newsnight) or barristers in a court of law. Are you so afraid of causing offence that you're not prepared to say what you think, even if you think what someone else has suggested seems daft or plain wrong? I applaud Abdul for publishing his book (9 out of 10) but I have one or two concerns that it could have been improved with a bit of proof reading (e.g. spoon measure conventions) whilst avoiding the need for an enhanced base sauce addendum, when that enhanced recipe could have been included in the book. If you're going to publish a book, go on stage, become an MP or anything in the public eye' perhaps you need a thick skin. I sincerely hope Abdul hasn't been offended because he has far more strengths than weaknesses. I was also interested to hear ifindforu's view on the use of tandoor powder. He or she may well be right. Who knows?
George, my remark was not directed at your goodself just to be clear.  And i 100% agree on the need to question in order to understand fully and remove any uncertainties.  However, there are ways of doing this.  Unfortunately, in their eagerness to get answers some people don't engage their brain in time when  their mouth (or their fingers) have already slipped it up a gear or two >:(.    Unless i intend to offend someone i refrain from making offensive remarks.  Politeness costs nothing and is more likely to be rewarded in my experience. I try not to offer my opinion unless it is sought or appropriate to do so.  I certainly don't spout it and claim to be an authority like one or two others.  As for Abdul's book, it was a couple of quid well spent. I am sure he is aware of it's shortfalls and i don't think it necessary to further air them here.  I hope there is a version 2 and that he returns to this forum.  If he does not i will understand why but i am hoping that he will be encouraged by the messages of support that have been posted.  If he doesn't then it is indeed a great loss for this forum brought about by members who simply haven't the capability or common sense to think first before they speak.  The thickness of people's skin does not come into it but more a matter of ettiquette and good manners. There is plenty of time to review what one writes before pushing the post button.  Maybe, it would do some people some good to remember this before doing so in future.  As for the enhanced gravy, i have the e-mail with the details and will get round to trying it at some stage.  It's been sitting in my inbox since i bought the book months ago but i haven't felt the need to read it until yesterday.  And besides, this is already posted on the forum if you know where to look ;) . I post regularly but i spend much more time lurking, searching and reading rather than antagonising and goading others (again not directed at yourself).  As for his mix powder, i'm not sure how much rivalry exists between BIR chefs but Terry's boss may simply have laughed in order to throw him off the scent.  As Terry has said himself, some of them don't like to give too much away. 

©2024 Curry Recipes