Author Topic: Just got my Kushi Balti Book!  (Read 35445 times)

Offline raygraham

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
Re: Just got my Kushi Balti Book!
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2005, 12:51 PM »
And don't forget folks the Kushi website has a help and support section where it claims queries will be answered.
That's where my question? was sent. It was never answered.
Regards
George

Hi George,

I e-mailed the book info line this morning and got an answer back in less than 30 minutes. My question was
" Can you let me know how to cook a Jalfrezi as I am dissapointed it is not in the book". The answer came back

"Many thanks for your message.
If you look at the website www.baltibook.co.uk and click on the "more recipes" section, you'll see that the first extra recipe will be for Jalfrezi - which is a happy coincidence!? It'll appear sometime in the next week or so.

We hope you enjoy the book,

Kind regards,
Mohammed Ali Haydor and Andy Holmes"

Hopefully, the more input we give them perhaps the more output we will get back. They are obviously enthusiastic about their book at the moment so if we give them plenty of feedback, questions, etc they may show a similar enthusiasm with their customer support.

Regards

Ray

Offline George

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 24, 2005, 01:58 PM »
I have now received my copy of the book and have a question in a few of the recipes you make reference to "curry powder" and "garam masala" which brands do you use or do you make/mix your own ??

Oh dear, this could be a serious blow for the book, if your statement is correct. How many of their recipes does it apply to? With Indian cooking, I reckon it's the oldest trick in the book to go no further than specifying 'curry powder' or 'garam masala'. It's essential to know exactly what goes in to these mixes for a recipe to be worth anything. We could experiment by using mixes already specified at the forum but it will be very disappointing if they don't specify exactly what is used at the Kushi Balti restaurant.

Regards
George

Offline Curry King

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 24, 2005, 02:41 PM »
Chances are its just of the shelf packet stuff unless he makes his own in which case the amounts should be there.  If its not clear either way then lets email him and ask.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 24, 2005, 06:17 PM »
Just to be clear they do specify the ingredients that go into their kushi spice mix, just that one of them is curry powder

Offline slimboyfat

• Senior Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2005, 07:00 PM »
Two of the ingredients are curry powder and garam marsala he does give you the components of the Kushi spice mix but not the rest

No reply as yet but I got the following automated reply from them for the question

Many thanks for your message.
Because of the huge popularity of our new book "Authentic Balti Curry : Restaurant Recipes Revealed", we are receiving a great number of messages and queries from across the world.? Unfortunately, this means that we are unable to respond to them all.? We will choose the best of the messages and respond to them on the website in due course.

Many thanks for your interest in "Authentic Balti Curry : Restaurant Recipes Revealed". :-\

« Last Edit: November 24, 2005, 07:02 PM by slimboyfat »

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2005, 09:21 AM »
My only slight disapointment with this book is that it is light on main dish recipes, all it has is: Balti, Dopiaza, Dhansak, Bhuna, Pathia, Rogan Josh, Korma, Tikka Masala and Shaslik
« Last Edit: November 26, 2005, 09:53 AM by Mark J »

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2005, 10:35 AM »
Don't forget madras!

And to be fair to them, they have three more recipes pending on their web site. I think this just add value to the book.

I just wish he had made more use of that korma base.

Offline Mark J

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2005, 10:47 AM »
Hmm yes I seem to have left our their add 1 TSP for madras recipe  ;D

Indeed the saving grace will be if they add more recipes to the website, which at the moment is looking promising

Offline Yellow Fingers

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2005, 11:14 AM »
Hmm yes I seem to have left our their add 1 TSP for madras recipe? ;D

Hehe! I knew that would get you going.? ?:D

Offline Ashes

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2005, 11:55 AM »
I hope they make a sucess of the book as there might be a healthier version on the way, apparently they make healthier baltis at their restaurant, that would be another avenue to explore

©2024 Curry Recipes