Author Topic: Zip fasteners  (Read 1600 times)

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Zip fasteners
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:07 AM »
Unclebuck asks, in another thread, "What is garam masala ?", but I have another and far deeper question that has troubled me for most of my life.  What is it, I would like to know, that makes some people (such as myself) completely unable to zip up or unzip a zip fastener without trapping the fold of material that is intended to conceal its edge, whilst others can unzip and zip up their garments a hundred times a day without ever once causing the zip fastener to jam ?  "What has this to do with curries", I hear you ask ?  Well, I just happened to notice a curry stain on my shirt as I was yet again fighting to extricate myself from my jacket this morning after returning from having a puncture repaired, so I thought to myself "Who better to ask about zip fasteners than the good folks of CR0 ?  If anyone knows the answer, they will !".

** Phil.

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
Re: Zip fasteners
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 12:35 PM »
Hi Phil,

Can't say that I've ever had a problem with zips to be honest.  I always struggle with button fly jeans.  I'm ok with unfastening, but fastening them back up can be a bit tricky, especially after a few beers but by then, I don't even bother trying ;)

Ray :)

Offline peterandjen

• Indian Master Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 06:59 PM »
Blimey Phil you must be psychic, funny you should mention this but, and i am being honest here, it just so happens that today, my fly zip busted on my camouflaged shorts!! Also, now here's the one that gets me, the missus has only gone and trapped the inside bit of fabric of her coat zipper in  said zip!! If it wasn't for my quick thinking and super-human almost ninja like speed, helped by my busted zippered camouflaged shorts that allowed for quick strides and a bonus bit of air-flow around the old nether regions, gawd knows what could have happened!! :-\
Luckily a quick, sharp downward tug and she could breath freely again, and the day was saved.
The missus is now curled up with her hot water bottle, on the couch, carrying on as if nothing happened.
Unfortunately, my poor camouflage shorts zipper has, i'm afraid to say, bought it :( but its ok :) you see i, being a resourcefull kind of bloke, and using my finely honed  lack of any dress sense or moral scruples whatsoever, have put on my long johns, thus, my lack of any zipper is not causing the missus any sickness or desire to hit me, which is always a good thing!, yet also allows me to still wear my favourite camouflaged shorts :D 
As for an answer to your question, i am sorry mate, this is a question that has eluded me all of my life :(
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 07:12 PM by peterandjen »

Offline Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 07:49 PM »
"ROTFL", as I understand the younger generation might say  ;D

©2024 Curry Recipes