Author Topic: Jalfrezi recipe  (Read 6402 times)

Online Peripatetic Phil

• Genius Curry Master
  • Contributing member
    • View Profile
Re: Jalfrezi recipe
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 12:33 PM »
Domi, welcome back !  Where have you been since May ... ?!

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 12:40 PM »
Glad to see you followed my link, Dave (it's Pam here hehe)....welcome to the curryholics club ;)

If you're stuck or there's owt you need help with, these guys will sort yu out, they're a good buncha folks.

Happy currying!

Whey hey, mi fave Yorkshire lass is back.  Where you been Pam.

Ray (Bez) ;)

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 03:10 PM »
I've been up to't'th'eyeballs for months....still manage to have the occasional lurk though, it's a bit like being a peeping tom, only far less erotically pleasing. :D

Used to go to school with Dave and saw him posting about his nagas on facebook so I slipped him a length oops sorry slipped him a LINK ::) :o

Nice to see the place looking so clean and tidy, who's got the job as Mrs. Mop? :P

Offline chewytikka

• I've Had Way Too Much Curry
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 03:41 PM »
Hi Dave
Welcome to cR0, loads of fun and games here ;D
You may want to watch my video recipe to get you going.
http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=5699.msg56564#msg56564
cheers Chewy

Offline Razor

• Jedi Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59 PM »
Hi Pam,

Nice to see the place looking so clean and tidy, who's got the job as Mrs. Mop? :P

Nobody really, no active mods.  George is a mod these days but he's not as active as he used to be (are any of us though :P)

Ray :)

Offline Daveneavo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 09:58 PM »
Base mix and spice mix made! right then curry time let's cooking!!!!!!

Offline Daveneavo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 10:17 PM »
Well guys a success I made the jalfrezi tonight and it was a cracking first attempt. I followed the recipe to the letter for me I would prefer hotter a little less salt and sugar but all in all I can learn from it! Cheers Pam Paul and Ray a couple of questions1. Maybe silly question but to double the recipe would you simply double the recipe? 2. To hot up is it just more Chili powder? 3. Any more tomato based recipes for me to try?

Your help is appreciated

Dave

Offline PaulP

• Elite Curry Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12 PM »
Hi Dave,

Glad to hear you had a first time success.

1) Doubling up. Try it and see what you think. I manage to make a small double portion for the wife and me using 500 ml of base in a wok. I wouldn't like to put much more in and I think CA's Jalfrezi calls for 300 ml per portion.

Remember though that this is basically stir fried food and you often have to raise and lower the temperatures quite quickly while cooking.

2) Just add more chilli powder and/or use a hotter chilli powder. With a jalfrezi you have the option to use hotter fresh chillis as well.

3) Salt and sugar. Just add less next time. I use just over a quarter teaspoon of salt per portion. I don't usually add sugar to savoury curries.

More dishes - check out CA's bhuna, madras, chicken tikka masalla etc.

Cheers,

Paul

Offline Daveneavo

• Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 07:55 PM »
 Cheers Paul you have been a real help I'm really impressed with my first attempt I can't believe how authentic it tasts thanks a million again!     

Dave

Offline Domi

• Curry Spice Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2011, 02:49 PM »
For hot curries I use this base http://www.curry-recipes.co.uk/curry/index.php?topic=1894.0 it's taken from a Bradford curry house and it's the mutts for me, I use that one and Razor's base and cycle between the two.

You'll have to have a crack at some of the side dishes too, some fantastic pakora/bhaji and naan recipes and Blade's tikka recipe is hard to beat and no yoghurty taste to it either, superb for curries....I've been away a while so there may be better recipes posted but for me you can't go wrong with those.

Hope your wife and kids don't mind you stinking the house out! :D Smells lush @ ours, like the bisto kids but with a bit more punch :P

©2024 Curry Recipes